Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 06:17 AM

Default Neteller kickbacks

Anyone have any idea what sort of special deals Neteller gives to high-volume merchants who generate a lot of traffic for them? Reduced or waved transaction fees? A deal to split the profits on Instacash deposits with the merchants?

I ask because of the recent trend in bonuses .... there have been relatively few month-long promotions except for first deposit bonuses lately. What there are a lot of are 24- and 48-hour bonuses, with no advance warning - sometimes more than one of them at a time. The latest example is Absolute's 15%-to-$150 three days in a row deal... up until now, keeping $500 to $1000 ready and waiting in neteller was enough to max out most new bonus deals, but this one requires no less than $3k.

I can only think of one reason for this new type of bonus being so popular. It has to be because both the sites and neteller are loving it. I am sure Neteller loves it -- people who have never used Instacash before are going to say, "hey, look, I can trade $89 in fees for $150 in free money, that's a 6% return overnight on my thousand dollars" (I admit the idea did cross my mind, until I remember how I have no shortage of bonus bucks at Absolute already.)

Neteller could probably still make a tidy profit even if it charged 2% on Instacash transactions (I am amazed anyone ever uses it, actually, with their fees higher than credit card cash advance fees.) I get the feeling the 'rakeback game' is going on on a much larger scale.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Neteller kickbacks

absolute waives instacash fees from customers depositing direct so your conspiracy theory doesn't pan out.

538 reloads a month from Absolute Poker is not a trend, they've always done that kind of sh*t for some reason. no other site really does this, so basically we're just thinking here out loud for nothing.