Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Free bar tournament busted Alcohol Control

Free bar tournament shut down by ALE

The story is slim (and, of course, forgets to mention that the tournament is free), but basically the bar hires this company, 5th Street Entertainment, to operate the games. No buy-ins were involved and prizes were nominal (the WSOP seat was to be given to the winner of a TOC involving all the winners from all the weeks at all the locations).

You can go the 5thstreetentertainment.com and read their forums for their side of things.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Free bar tournament busted Alcohol Control

I played in the one last monday nite and wanted to go this week but couldnt b/c school was too busy. That too goddam funny. They better have it again
Old 03-03-2005, 02:29 PM

They're going to have to establish that poker is a game of skill. If billiards tournaments for prizes are legal in the area, a poker game should be ok too. Hell, I could call darts a game of chance the way I play, but I know it's not. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2005, 02:37 PM

It was completely free. I didnt even think the final table peopole got anything. The point was to get the points to at the end of the circut you could have a chance to play in the final tourny and have a chance to win a WSOP seat

Bottom line is that Greensboro cops think they're hot ish and have nothing better to do

They're all pissy b/c about 6 months ago they got lucky and found this huge (illegal) game on teh internet and busted it. That was around here, so they've just got their panties in a bunch for awhile.