Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Help me if u want...please

Hey all, I just joined 2+2 (its rocks) but ive got a problem. Im a little young to be gambling (16) and i need some help. Ive played quite a while(my mom says im addicted, but im not) and i need some tips on the super aggressive style used by Stu Unger, Daniel Negraneu and, to a lesser extent Brunson. Everyone says tight aggressive is the way to go but i believe that Super Aggressive has the most power if youre real good at it. Especcially in tourneys, where its all or nothing. In cash games i play tight agresive, but i think super would be pretty nice. Please help me!

Peace...The Stampede
Old 03-01-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Help me if u want...please

... well it looks like he already has his "bad ass poker nickname"

...Welcome to the forum and Good luck, stampede.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:12 PM

You are the man...
Old 03-01-2005, 10:30 PM

Hi pal Im 16 too, first of all theres nothing wrong with being addicted at poker if youre a winning player, first of all what do you play?
Old 03-01-2005, 10:36 PM

no limit tourneys usually, but every now and then theres a cash game where people usually end up paying me [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] but ya. usually no limit.

Thanks...The Stampede

Is the sign off getting annoying yet?
Old 03-01-2005, 10:56 PM

I think I'm gonna call him Stampy.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm gonna call him Stampy.

[/ QUOTE ]

hilarious!
Old 03-02-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi pal Im 16 too, first of all theres nothing wrong with being addicted at poker if youre a winning player, first of all what do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

So which one is really first of all? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2005, 01:46 AM

LOL I am embarrassed to be young. I just hope I wasn't this arrogant at any time in the last couple years.

Now to at least give a decent response to the OP. I am like you, an underaged gambler at 17 years of age. Click here for a little more info on my experiences with underage gambling. To be fair I am assuming that I played alot more poker than you so you have a long ways to go before it gets to the amount of play that most posters put in on a regular basis. It doesn't sound like you are playing online and I would advise you not to because it is simple to see that you do not have the experience, knowledge, or bankroll management to be a successful player at your age.

Second off you need to learn the fundamentals of poker before you can ever take the leap to maximizing your EV by playing like a manic. Their is a very very very limited amount of posters all across 2+2 that can pull off this style of play while exceeding profits of their normal playing style. This style of play requires one to play absolutely flawlessely post flop and you show no indication of understanding even the basics of poker. Whenever a poster comes in asking how they can be more like <Insert Big Name Pro Here> then you can immediately tell this person doesn't know much about poker. With this comment along with how young you are I would advise you to either gamble for very low stakes for several years for socail reasons rather than profit, or run away from the game.

Just a suggestion coming from someone that knows what its like to get caught up in this at a young age. Good luck in the future.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
first of all theres nothing wrong with being addicted at poker if youre a winning player

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because your a winning player doesn't mean being addicted to poker isn't bad. Money isn't the only thing in the world that matters. You may be the type of person that will be affected negatively by being addicted to poker despite being a winning player.