Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2002, 01:39 PM

Default mohegan sun

I'm head to mohegan this weekend to play low limit hold'em and omaha 8. It's my first time going. Can anyway talk about the 3-6 hold'em games and do they usually have any omaha on weekends?
Thanks!!
Old 09-16-2002, 01:59 PM

Default Re: mohegan sun

No matter when you go, there will always be some 3-6 Hold 'Em going. It's basic low limit poker - 7+ people see the flop every time, and big pairs get drawn out on constantly. Personally, I find it frustrating, and avoid it, although the game is very beatable.

Mohegan has Omaha, but usually only one 2-4 table, and that's only on Fridays and weekends. Usually a lot of cash flowing in the game, despite the low limits.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:04 PM

THE 3-6 HOLD-EM GAME AT THE SUN IS USUALLY GOOD. THE ACTION IS USUALLY LOOSE-PASSIVE, ALTHOUGH THERE ARE A FEW TOUGH REGULARS THAT PLAY. THE SAME GOES FOR THE 2-4 OMAHA 8 GAME. THERE ARE TWO TABLES RUNNING FOR THOSE GAMES ON WEEKENDS BUT GET THERE EARLY - THEY FILL UP QUICKLY.
Old 09-16-2002, 11:46 PM

I agree with that the other posters said.

I'll just add that if you can find the phone number to the poker room, you should call ahead and put your name on the waiting list. Depending on when you get there, the wait can be very long on weekends.