Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 05:43 AM

Default Pushups

Is pushups one word or two? Anyway, how many pushups can you guys do? I'm weak but I can do 30+ pushups of the tough kind where I keep my arms close to my side. My kung fu teacher said doing them that way makes punches stronger but I guess arms out to the side is for the chest. I also like the pushups where one hand is on top of the other under my sternum. Also pushups where I do them with my fists and then push up and jump off the ground and switch to palms and then repeat those are cool.

How about 1 handed pushups, how many can you guys do? I used to be able to do a few but now I can't do any. I'm not even sure what the right way to do one handed pushups are anyawy I've heard people say a couple ways to do them. They are tough. Pushups in hand stands are really tough too.

Sit ups I'm really good at, I normally do 130 pushups of differnt kinds but can do more! I will tell you guys the secret of my pushups and why they work well. In some sit ups I turn to the side when I rise that is good and also I don't know how to de scirbe it but situps where I'm laying on my side and just lift my head and upper body up and look behind me those are good too. Sit ups where you keep your legs in the air are good for your lower back and tough.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Pushups (warning: brag content)

pushups are my specialty

75-80 1 minute
105-110 2 minute
15-18 1 arm

edit: my favorite pushup excercise: Do X pushups in the first X seconds of each minute consecutively for, say, 10 minutes. I'm almost setting X to 35.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:49 AM

That's really good, I hope they aren't the wussy pushups where you don't even go all the way down. I don't think that's the case with you though, you sound like a professional.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:50 AM

Default Re: Pushups

Im probably down to 45 in 2 minutes from when I was in the Army and could do like 60-65.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:52 AM

A completely useless post as I haven't done pushups in a long time. Wait...

I found a floor (OMG!!1) and I did 30 with my hands about shoulderwidth apart. I think I can do a pretty good handstand pushup since I actually tried for a while hoping to eventually do a one-handed handstand pushup. Maybe I'll get back on that.

Also, I just tried a one-armed pushup and no dice. I can get a little down and then I start to lose my balance and/or lose my ability to hold myself up.

[ QUOTE ]
That's really good, I hope they aren't the wussy pushups where you don't even go all the way down. I don't think that's the case with you though, you sound like a professional.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I hate wussy pushups. I make a point to lockout. Sometimes I get lazy and my back bends a little, but I quickly correct.

I use to bboy pretty intensely. Pushups were incredibly important to being able to pull power moves like turtles, crickets, and poses.

I met an Israeli girl, she said she could do 30 after 2 years in the army I was pretty surprised by that. She was fit too.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:53 AM

...of the "wussy" ones
Old 03-01-2005, 05:53 AM

What's bboy?
Old 03-01-2005, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I just tried a one-armed pushup and no dice. I can get a little down and then I start to lose my balance and/or lose my ability to hold myself up.

[/ QUOTE ]

spread your legs further apart. Use the non-pushing arm to "push" against the back of your quad while keeping your back straight.