Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2002, 03:23 PM

Default Party too slow?

After installing the new software from Party Poker, I found that playing 1 table there and 1 table on True was impossible. True got so slow I could not avoid being put all in. I feel this is a combination of my going to 2 monitors (1 a 19") and the new Party software.
Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 09-13-2002, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Party too slow?

Yes I think the new software should be thrown in the trash. Those little punks should be warned that granny is cmon to get ya!

--Little Punks [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2002, 03:28 PM

I notice the new party software also slows down my older pc, pentium 500. Looks like I'll have to get a new desktop now. However it runs fine on my laptop which is faster with pentium 3.
Old 09-13-2002, 03:30 PM

Yct. Get a new computer than it will work

Sorry Little Punk!

Granny is comin to get ya! [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2002, 03:56 PM

Well, getting a new pc == costing money. The old pc has been working fine, and to have to buy a new one just to play party poker is a bit wasting money I think. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2002, 04:05 PM

Maybe you have to add some more memory. Or update your graphics card. How much memory do you have? And what kind of graphics card do you have?
Old 09-13-2002, 04:45 PM

Party itself is a little slow, but brings True to a complete standstill. I used it for about 1 hour and ordered a new CPU - moving from Duron 800 to Athlon 1600 - should do it and only cost $55.
I would like to suggest to all poker sites - do what Pokerroom does - give us an option to turn off the fancy graphics - you'll get more business.
Old 09-13-2002, 04:49 PM

It's definitely just a resource hog rather than slowed down the actual site. I noticed no difference on my comp which is brand new and therefore has fast processor and spammy gfx card. I don't like the new look hog.
Old 09-13-2002, 04:56 PM

P500, 192 MB RAM, and 16 MB Video RAM with Voodoo3 card. If you suggest to upgrade the video card, then it's probably cheaper overall just to get a new system. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2002, 07:54 PM

i was going to point out that there are 2 forged GrannyMae posts here, but then i realized that i do not totally disagree with any of them, so carry on.