Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Can someone please explain the concern....

...over bots, other than the concern that potential fish will think the game is rigged and leave/stop playing?

Is that the only real concern?
Old 02-26-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Can someone please explain the concern....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is a trivial matter. I don't want my pond drying up any time soon.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:53 PM

That's a big concern. Also the honor of the game (as cheesey as that sounds) is being hurt by this kind of thing. Lastly, alot of hate is motivated by jealousy. People see this proverbial ATM and wish they could have bots. I would say the third is the least of all concerns, but it's just human nature.

Cody
Old 02-26-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...over bots, other than the concern that potential fish will think the game is rigged and leave/stop playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not complicated folks.

There is a finite amount of money being wagered on these tables. The superior players are competing with each other to take it. They can do that by playing for higher stakes, by playing more tables, or by playing more hours.

A bot has unlimited potential for factors 2 and 3, whereas human players do not.

eastbay
Old 02-26-2005, 10:53 PM

I don't think you do speak for all of us. I'm sure that there are hundreds, or even thousands of 2+2er's (24,336 registered users and counting) 4/8/12/16 multi-tabling like a many-headed Hydra. (Ironically, not a day goes by without several of you wondering why the games are getting tighter).

When a single bot is spotted playing at one table, the light goes up in the belfry. The bots are coming! The bots are coming!

I, for one, salute the ingenuity and resourcefulness of players who use bots. Winholdem, Pokerbot-pro, and Pokibot are just the beginning. However, I don't believe in the use of bots for information-sharing.

To me, playing poker is sheer drudgery, a way of making a living. A few months ago I wrote a bot program. I tested it over 100,000 continuous hands by 4-tabling 24 hours a day. Even without rakeback, I showed a small profit. With rakeback I am going to have a money machine on autopilot once I get my rakebot farm set up. Green Acres is the place to be.

I have programmed time-randomized and position-randomized mouse clicks. The program has a very unusual interface that is absolutely undetectable by the poker rooms. If a poker room got a screen shot they would be totally baffled.

It kind of reminds me of the last scene from Animal Farm when the animals are peering through the window of the farmhouse watching the argument over the poker game. The animals looked at the men and the pigs and couldn't distinguish between the two. I look at the multi-tabling 2+2 automatons and the pokerbots and can't distinguish between the two. Tom Automaton or Pokerbot--it's all the same to me.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you do speak for all of us. I'm sure that there are hundreds, or even thousands of 2+2er's (24,336 registered users and counting) 4/8/12/16 multi-tabling like a many-headed Hydra. (Ironically, not a day goes by without several of you wondering why the games are getting tighter).

When a single bot is spotted playing at one table, the light goes up in the belfry. The bots are coming! The bots are coming!

I, for one, salute the ingenuity and resourcefulness of players who use bots. Winholdem, Pokerbot-pro, and Pokibot are just the beginning. However, I don't believe in the use of bots for information-sharing.

To me, playing poker is sheer drudgery, a way of making a living. A few months ago I wrote a bot program. I tested it over 100,000 continuous hands by 4-tabling 24 hours a day. Even without rakeback, I showed a small profit. With rakeback I am going to have a money machine on autopilot once I get my rakebot farm set up. Green Acres is the place to be.

I have programmed time-randomized and position-randomized mouse clicks. The program has a very unusual interface that is absolutely undetectable by the poker rooms. If a poker room got a screen shot they would be totally baffled.

It kind of reminds me of the last scene from Animal Farm when the animals are peering through the window of the farmhouse watching the argument over the poker game. The animals looked at the men and the pigs and couldn't distinguish between the two. I look at the multi-tabling 2+2 automatons and the pokerbots and can't distinguish between the two. Tom Automaton or Pokerbot--it's all the same to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know this is 100% against the terms of Party right?

And so you are smart enough to make a bot yet dumb enough to talk about the fact you have been using a bot on a public message board?
Old 02-26-2005, 11:22 PM

Cheese, you are a real dumbass. That's it.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:29 PM

read the posts in the internet forum
Old 02-26-2005, 11:38 PM

My personal opinion is that this is unethical because Tom Automaton and a Bot are not the same because Tom Automaton has human characteristics of fatigue and limited parallel processing, whereas the Bot does not. This is why your supposed equivalence is false and a Bot is unethical.

Of curiousity, though, does your bot play NL postflop?

eastbay
Old 02-26-2005, 11:54 PM

I have one program for LHE ring.

I'm working on another program for NLHE STT, ala The "System" but with the exact key numbers and more accurate allowance for number ahead/limpers. No need for postflop.