0.11 7 12.07%
0.12 11 18.97%
0.13 11 18.97%
0.14 4 6.90%
> 0.14 11 18.97%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Pope expiration date

Not to be morbid, but how long do you think he will last?
Old 02-25-2005, 07:08 PM

Location: No stress, no seeds, no stems, no sticks! Some of that real sticky icky
Default Re: Pope expiration date

lets not talk about this, okay.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:10 PM

By the end of the month.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:16 PM

I dunno how he hasnt died a looooong time ago. Its gunna be sad tho, not cuz the pope is dead, but because south park et all wont be able to rip on the feeble old pope anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2005, 08:22 PM

Could someone explain why he doesn't step down (well, figuratively, I'm not sure he can step anywhere anymore)?

Now, I don't know so much about the Pope not being Catholic and all, but isn't it silly that he is keeping hi position despite not being able to do anything? Is something keeping him from stepping down?
Old 02-25-2005, 08:34 PM

Default maybe get a pool going?

i can't imagine anything quite as sacreligious as gambling on the death of the pope, but i'd do it.

O/U at xmas next year?

he does have the best healthcare on the planet.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno how he hasnt died a looooong time ago. Its gunna be sad tho, not cuz the pope is dead, but because south park et all wont be able to rip on the feeble old pope anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll pick a new feeble old pope to replace him.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: maybe get a pool going?

[ QUOTE ]
ROME (AFP) - As Pope John Paul (news - web sites) II recovers in a Rome hospital from surgery to alleviate severe breathing problems, Irish bookmakers Paddy Power have begun taking bets on the identity of his successor.

The company has made 70-year-old Cardinal Dionigi Tettamanzi, the Archbishop of Milan, its firm favourite as next leader of the Roman Catholic Church.

Tettamanzi, at 5-2, is ahead of 74-year-old Nigerian Cardinal Francis Arinze, 3-1, and 68-year-old Jaime Lucas Ortega y Alamino of Cuba, 11-2.

Leading outsiders, according to the bookmakers, are Florence Archbishop Ennio Antonelli, Cardinal Oscar Rodriguez Maradiaga of Honduras -- both 6-1 -- and Cardinals Joseph Ratzinger of Germany and Claudio Hummes of Brazil, both 8-1.

Another Italian Giacomo Biffi, the 76-year-old emeritus archbishop of Bologna, is a 10-1 shot for the papal title.

One of the youngest "papabile", 60-year-old Vienna Archbishop Christoph Schoenborn, is a 12-1 chance, along with Cardinal Angelo Scola, the Patriarch of Venice who is 63.

The pope's secretary of state Cardinal Angelo Sodano, responsible for the day-to-day running of the Church while the pope is incapacitated, is rated only a 16-1 shot for the papal title.

Another dark horse is Indian Cardinal Ivan Dias, the 68-year-old archbishop of Bombay, also on 16-1.

English Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor is a 20-1 punt, while Durban Archbishop Wilfried Napier of South Africa, 63, is rated at 33-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

link

Melch
Old 02-25-2005, 08:50 PM

LOL, I love this!

I'm Catholic, but who really cares about the Pope? Why should anyone care about a bitter old man? He comes out the hospital to bitch at Spain for saying condoms are okay and call gays evil to just land himself back in the hospital.

If I believe in God and Jesus and believe I can speak to them whenever in prayer that I want (like the religion teaches you), then why do I need some old guy telling me what is right and wrong?
Old 02-25-2005, 09:04 PM

Please do not make ridiculously ignorant comments. Have you ever read anything he has written before? He is brilliant and incredibly loving to everyone. He condemns gay actions, not being gay or gay people themselves. Also in response to a previous post, he does not step down because you are pope unitl you die. When you become the pope you are the spiritual father to the Church and a father can't "step down", he is father until he dies. Even while he is sick he is still sharp mentally and even in his condition he is a better pope than 99% of any healthy preists could be at this point.