Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Table Captain in a $5 dollar SnG.....then....What did I do wrong?

Ok so basically $5 SnG i'm @ 8600 in chips 3 players left player A @ 1800 and player B @ 4600 I try to steal the blinds with 7-6 suited. B calls me! ERRR..flop comes J-7-6 rainbow. I check, he checks. Turn is a K making board having 2 running suits I check, hoping thats what he wanted was a king, he bets 300 bout half the pot. I raise 1000 he pushes all in!! uh ooh Screw it. I dont belive him he has been trying to bully me all night i Think I finally have him right in my trap! Cards are turned over he has j-7!!!! river is a Q -oh well that happens- next hand. Fold, Raise & steal successfully,Raise & Steal, fold. Now i'm big blind with 8-6 both diamonds i get to check it for, free flop. Flop is 2d-7h-6h. I bet 400 half pot i think. He calls me I get a black nine on the turn. I check hoping he's still looking for a wheelhouse card. he bets $200 I re-raise 1000 putting him just about all-in he quickly pushes.. I call he shows me pocket 6's. turn and river were blanks. Basically I ended up coming in third after dominating the whole game and being big chip leader in the money. Was I spose to fold away and let them dance and just get blinded or do I play and keep trying to knock em out and pick up blinds? WWYD? wut would you do (for the un-imaginative)
Old 02-24-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Table Captain in a $5 dollar SnG.....then....What did I do wrong?

54 people read it and no 1 can help lol come on guys throw me a bone hmmmmmm!
Old 02-24-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
54 people read it and no 1 can help lol come on guys throw me a bone hmmmmmm!

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to clean up that post before people are going to comment. Try using paragraphs, clearly identifying yourself and villian (and your stacks) and seperating each street.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:02 PM

Your play seems fine (I think), it appears that you flopped 2 pair against a set, if so, that's just unlucky.

Your posting, however, leaves a little to be desired.

I absolutely respect your rights to post in any manner or style that you wish, but you have to realise that a great block of text is not the most readable of things in a forum where a lot of people are asking for advice.

I imagine almost all of those 54 people read about 6 words and decided to answer something easier to read [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 02-24-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I imagine almost all of those 54 people read about 6 words and decided to answer something easier to read [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly did! Reading blocks of prose like the OP isn't really that easy and/or fun.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
Old 02-24-2005, 03:26 PM

It probably would make no difference on the first hand, but I would not check the flop on the first first hand. Bottom two pair is not a strong enough hand to give out a free card. Also, after I raise preflop I am going to follow through with a bet on the flop most of the time regardless of whether my hand improves. I need to bet my strong hands here to provide cover for my weak hands. One other thing about this hand. Whenever you try a steal from the SB, you need to raise to 3-4x the BB. Your positional disadvantage is so great that you want to try to ensure you win the hand immediately.

On the second hand, I would either bet the turn if I thought my opponent might fold, check-call a small bet, or check fold to a larger bet. Check raising risks too many chips. As the hand played out you had pot-odds to draw to a straight, and there is a pretty good chance you are behind. I think this is an easy call.

As others have said, please post stack sizes, blinds and your position to get better responses.

Paul
Old 02-25-2005, 01:29 AM

thanx guys i am learning the forum rules quickly
Old 02-27-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thanx guys i am learning the forum rules quickly

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "forum rules" you mean "English" then I think we'd all appreciate it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I don't mean to be a jerk about it or belabour the point, just that there's nothing special about 2+2 in this regard... If you're looking for usefull responces, don't post like that anywhere.