Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Anyone like this play?

Sorry I don't have the history, so I'll approx-
PS $25NL - Full Table (10 players)

V1 (villain 1) - ~$25 -- Has gone up and down... mostly hovering around this amount. Have noticed any terrible plays.
V2 (villain 2) - ~$5 -- When I arrived at the table awhile ago, he had around $15. His stack has gone down with poor play. Calls raises with absolute crap. Will go to town with middle pair. Not afraid to call down bets with TP 4 kicker... you know the type. Real Fish.
Hero ~$32.

V1 in SB
V2 in MP
Hero in Late position.

V2 limps. Hero with RED Queens raises to $1.5 (6xbb). Folds to V1 who calls. V2 calls.

FLOP ($4.75) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

V1 calls. V2 goes all in ($3.50) HERO CALLS. V1 calls.

TURN ($15.25) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

Hero bets $5. V2 Raises to $7. Hero calls.

RIVER ($29.25) J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Hero Bets $7. V2 thinks and thinks... and calls.

Here's my thoughts.... Calling V2s flop all in was risky but here's what went through my mind... (1) the guy is a total fish. He would be just the type to make a terrible bluff. I've also seen him bet with less then top pair. There's a chance I already have him beat. (2) I have 2 chances to catch the 2nd nut flush draw, so I have outs. and (3) I'm fairly certain if I don't fold, V1 is likely to come along for the ride... which I'm willing to risk because If I hit, I'm willing to go for a sidepot.

From the turn on... I have the 2nd nut flush. If the King of hearts is out there, its just as likely to be in the hand of the guy who already went all in. Since I really only fear one card... I'm willing to risk a bundle. My small turn and river bet was really to induce a call.

Comments?