Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Anyone playing Party\'s 3-table games?

My first impression at the 3-table $30s is SOFT SOFT SOFT. Anyone else?
Old 02-21-2005, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Anyone playing Party\'s 3-table games?

havent played one of em. higher $/hr at 1 tables.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:18 AM

I mix in the $30 3-tables every now and again for a change of pace and as pseudo-training for the Steps entries that I've amassed, and I agree that they are pretty soft.

I long for the REALLY early days of Party's 2- and 3-table SnGs. The $20 PL tourneys were EXCEPTIONALLY soft (I didn't quite have the roll to play the $30s at the time). Over 50 tourneys or so my ROI was over 115% and I was ITM over a third of the time.

Ever since they increased the variety of buy-ins and added the steps, it can take forever for a $20 PL to fill up. Havent tried to play one in ages.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:58 AM

I decided to play 30 5+1s just to get some MTT experience. I've played seven and have done well enough where, if I were to bust out of the money for the next 23, I'd break even.

I'm hoping 10+1 is just as soft.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:10 PM

I've also had good luck on the 30 person $5+1s, with an average ROI of about 115%, with most of my ITM's resulting in 1st or 2nd - granted, i have some 6th places to go with that. i find the key is patience until 25/50, then turning it up against the players who displayed that they play weak hands and bet or call at improper times. Also, getting a good hand helps.

However, in July, when i began playing NL, the tables were a lot weaker, with the first break starting with 4-9 people remainnig whereas today it is closer to the 8-12 range.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:01 PM

Do you still play them?

So far, I have three 1sts, a 3rd, and a 5th. Both my non-wins were because I was hyperaggressive partially due to external distractions (i.e. I had to go somewhere in a few minutes). My worst finish -- 21st -- happened when I hit top 2 against a set who had been bullying.

It's been my experience thus far that the break happens about when we get to the final 10; that we reach top 5 about 1h 20-30m from start time (including break); and that the tourney is over in about 1h 45m. In fact, my tourney log has my three wins taking 108, 107, and 103 minutes.

I'm seeing >$10/hr return in these tourneys, which is good for my small bankroll, but if the 10+1s are better I'll move up. Any ideas?
Old 02-21-2005, 05:51 PM

I haven't played many recently, but when they first came out, the 3 table $33s were about as soft as the $11 sngs.

It seemed like it was full of hyper-aggro Sng players that went into push/fold mode at level 3.