Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2002, 11:35 PM

Default Weak Tight or Money Saver?

I am thinking about making a big adjustment in my play and wanted everyones opinion. Before I mention this, I would like to stress that I play online micro-limits and B&M up to $8-$16, but rarely do I go above that.

I am seriously considering folding my top-pair/excellent kicker(or best kicker) to any significant post-flop action. For example, If I have AKoff, and the flop comes A27, I am usually betting the flop and three-betting any raise. My adjustment would come on the turn and the river. Basically, if I bet and get raised I am seriously considering folding. Also, if I raised the flop and only got called, yet an early player suddenly bets before me I will fold.

This seems to go against many things I read and seems typical of a weak-tight play, but after documenting a few hundred hours it seems profitable.

Don't get me wrong, every once in a while a real game will break out at these limits...and I lvoe trying to push someone off a pot, or going for a check-raise-bluff, but it seems to me that the vast majority of games I play in are players who don't even consider what other people have, and have just commited the lee jones book to memory......

Any comments would be appreciated..

Thanks,