Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Reraising Standards for Bubble Play

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter

Hero (t3365)
UTG (t1000)
Button (t1950)
SB (t1685)

Preflop: Hero is BB with ?,?.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t800</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t3365 (All-In)</font>, SB calls t885 (All-In).

Flop: (t5050) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t5050) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t5050) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t5050
Old 02-16-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Reraising Standards for Bubble Play

I'd only reraise on the bubble preflop with JJ-AA and AK in tough situations that pot commit me.
I'm not sure if this is your question though...

Steve
Old 02-16-2005, 11:32 PM

In that situation where you have the chips and the SB is acting fairly weak (as far as raising goes), i would do that play with a lot of hands. However, you also have position on him so i wouldnt be afraid to take a flop.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:44 PM

On this hand I would want KK or K7.[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Given no read on the player, the SB put half of his chips in with a 4x raise when he could be waiting for UTG to blind out. Seems like a pretty strong play to me (ie he can't fold to your reraise). If he had just pushed at you I would consider that a weaker play. You have him covered nicely though. Position here doesn't really matter to me here since I would expect him to go all in on just about any flop. I place him on AA-TT and maybe AK-AQs. I would call with AA-QQ and maybe AKs. Losing 200 chips here is not a big deal. Losing 1700 is. If you had decent folding equity I would definitely add in some more hands maybe down to the same as his raising standards.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:56 AM

SB will be calling you

I hope that helps
Old 02-17-2005, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given no read on the player, the SB put half of his chips in with a 4x raise when he could be waiting for UTG to blind out. Seems like a pretty strong play to me (ie he can't fold to your reraise). If he had just pushed at you I would consider that a weaker play.
If you had decent folding equity I would definitely add in some more hands maybe down to the same as his raising standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I still might have some fold equity in the situation. In retrospect I think I was wrong.

This player was pretty loose aggressive. Assume he would make this move with hands like AA-55,AKs-A4s,AK-A7,KQs-K8s,KQ-KT,QJs-QTs (about the top 18-19% of heads up hands). Which by the way is true, he had one of the hands at the very bottom of this range. What reraising standards would be appropriate against this type of player? Still AA-QQ,AKs only?