Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Multi Tabling

I often have a hard time multi tabling tournaments. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how play 2+ tournaments at one time.

Is it a necessity to have a monitor that supports a large enough resolution to have all tables visible?

Do you bother spectating your tables when your out of the hands and/or take notes?

Thanks,
Old 02-16-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Multi Tabling

I 3-table due to monitor restrictions (I have overlap like you wouldn't believe)

It is not necessary to have bigger, but I'd recommend it.

I start all three at once and pretty quickly work out which one needs the most attention.

I follow that one more closely than the other two unless something strange happens on one of them.

Lori
Old 02-16-2005, 11:18 PM

Yes, i spectate as much as I can.

Lori
Old 02-17-2005, 01:02 AM

Are you able to see 2 tables without any overlap or will there always be overlap if you are playing more than 1 table?
Old 02-17-2005, 01:04 AM

that depends on your screen resolution, I think you need 1600x1200 to play 4 table w/o overlap on PP

it usually means 19'CRT or 20'LCD monitor
Old 02-17-2005, 01:26 AM

If the site supports it (Party), have each with a different color deck.
Similarly, if you can, select seats at opposite ends of the table so if you have to overlap the tables, your seat will be visible.
I try to stagger the starts. Wait until a couple of levels before I start a second table. That way, if I am lucky to get to the final 3, it won't be on 2 tables at once, and I can spend more time on the faster paced table.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:13 AM

Darlin, go down and spend a few pounds on a 19" moniter. Hell, if it wouldn't cost more to ship it than to buy one there I'd give you one. There's just no reason to play with lots of overlap unless your a once a week kind of gal, and your not.

Steve
Old 02-17-2005, 04:19 AM

I usually play 8 tables. I dont stagger the starts. I have tried this but tend to agree with someone else on here that said something to the effect of "sngs have a flow to them where they start off slowly and gradually progress to a level of high concentration." For me this holds true and I like to know that all my tables are at the point where I need to either push or fold. There are many others here that like to stagger the start. I guess the only way to figure out what works best for you is to try both. I have slight overlap on both my monitors. My resolutions are 1280 by 1024 I believe, but by sitting in the corners of the tables I can always see my cards.

It is possible to notice certain players and take notes but it may take some time. My only recommendation is to add one table at a time and it slowly does become easier. If you need motivation, just think about the added $/hour. Just kidding. and hope you dont end up at 3 tables with lorinda at once as I so unfortunately did tonight. That type of table selection tends to cut back on the roi. I dont know if this helps but good luck with it all the same.

bj
Old 02-17-2005, 11:33 AM

I have a 21" Viewsonic CRT set at 1600X1200. There is no overlap when I am 4 tabling.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:33 AM

I multi-table the 10+1 SNG at Party, 4 tables at a time. This is my system.

Start two tables at the same time. Then, midway through level 3, start two more tables.

On any table level 1 - 3 I pretty much "scout" for AA or KK and maybe a pocket pair or AK in late position. Other than that, I just keep clicking the fold box until level 4. (I actually tried the "away post blind and fold" option, but after forgetting to click "I am back" with AA a time or two, I gave up [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

Then once I have the cycle up and running, I just keep replacing table for table so I always have 4 going at a time. It's like a production line, with the newest table entering my monitor at the lower left quadrant, and the latest stage table exiting at the top left quadrant.

I cannot imagine doing this without being able to see all 4 tables at once!