Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 03:14 PM

Default (some)2+2 forum moderators are a joke.

They ban great posters for stupid reasons, remove avatars because 1 user got slightly offended by it, but meanwhile let many of the (numerous) useless posters - who just troll, spam products and/or are abusive and deliberately unhelpful to other posts - remain.

I don't know who is responsible for some of the authoritarian and ludicrous recent decisions. So I apologise to those people involved in this website who are not guilty of the power crazy lunacy. But to whoever so enjoying flexing his/her muscles, please remember that your prime concern should be to encourage quality posters and thought provoking threads, and not to show off your might by pandering to any (real or hypothetical) ultra-sensitive minorities.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: (some)2+2 forum moderators are a joke.

maybe this is the right time to ask b/c i was confused, i thought the alizee avatars were banned(reason i dont know) but some still have them?
Old 02-16-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe this is the right time to ask b/c i was confused, i thought the alizee avatars were banned(reason i dont know) but some still have them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Alizee avatars were banned because they were slowing everything down. The bigger problem is that serious contributors (e.g. sthief09) are being banned for their choice of language (complete bullshit) whereas others (e.g. nongice626) are obvious trolls who post racist garbage and aren't being banned.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:10 PM

I don't think Nongice should be banned. His post had content, and was in the correct forum. But I would much rather see him bad than Freakin', Sponger, or Sthief.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Nongice should be banned. His post had content, and was in the correct forum. But I would much rather see him bad than Freakin', Sponger, or Sthief.

[/ QUOTE ]
what did they do?? i usually dont even bother with the "blacks bother me" or "asians suck" or whatever other racist garbage (assumptions completely of course) threads. maybe i should thumb through them next time so i dont miss the hype. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2005, 07:47 PM

Nongice made an ignorant and bigoted post about blacks. But he should have the right to do it IMO.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nongice made an ignorant and bigoted post about blacks. But he should have the right to do it IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, unfortunately, your opinion is irrelevant, go run your own forum and YOU can decide whom to ban and whom not to. The mods of this forum can ban anyone they wish for whatever reason, there is no freedom of speech protection in a forum run by a private company. The owners of this forum and anyone they choose to moderate this forum has full control over the content in the forum and who they wish to allow to post here, end of story and get over it.

If you don't like it go wade through the troll-haven that is RGP.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't like it go wade through the troll-haven that is RGP.

[/ QUOTE ]
yuck [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2005, 08:39 PM

Your post is ill thought out and unhelpful. At no point in my thread did I state that the moderators were acting unlawfully.

To coin an analogy, a Republican says, "I don't like GWB's Medicare plan" and you say "He's the President, he can do what he wants. If you don't like it, go join the Democrats".
Old 02-16-2005, 08:46 PM

He made a lot of troll posts, in addition to the racist post about blacks. You're right, he shouldn't be banned (I didn't mean for my initial post to seem as if I was advocating that), but I'd prefer he be banned than sthief09.