Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 07:57 PM

Default 2+2 method as applies to stars

thank you to all my new teachers at 2+2. I didn't know what I didn't know. and now I know what I don't know.......

level four is where the tight (2+2) player wakes up a bit...and begins being aggressive with good cards. level 4 at PS is 50/100 but based on bigger chipstacks at stars shouldn't I wait unil 50/100 or 75/150 before "waking up"..thanks in advance.

Rick
Old 02-15-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: 2+2 method as applies to stars

I guess my response is, don't fully wake up, just kick the covers off the bed a bit. Level 4 is where I come out of my shell a bit and start to play some poker. Since you've been tight, your raises should get some respect, but if you get called, you usually have room to maneuver postflop. By level 5-6, I get that crazy look in my eye and turn into a maniac.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess my response is, don't fully wake up, just kick the covers off the bed a bit. Level 4 is where I come out of my shell a bit and start to play some poker. Since you've been tight, your raises should get some respect, but if you get called, you usually have room to maneuver postflop. By level 5-6, I get that crazy look in my eye and turn into a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh.

I agree with this. At 50/100, my opening requirements suddenly drop. But don't confine your 'opening' to just the level. Consider your stack size and the average stack in the tourney. Also VERY important--what is the stack size of the BB you are raising?
Old 02-15-2005, 09:17 PM

I have another account at Absolute Poker, where the chipstacks start at 1500, like Stars.

Anyway, I've thought about this recently as well. The way I've rationalized it is like this. Level 4 has 150 in the blinds. That's almost 2% of the total chip count (800 x 10 players). So at AP, 2% of 13,500 chips (1,500 chips x 9 players) is 270. So somewhere around here equates to level 4 at PP.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have another account at Absolute Poker, where the chipstacks start at 1500, like Stars.

Anyway, I've thought about this recently as well. The way I've rationalized it is like this. Level 4 has 150 in the blinds. That's almost 2% of the total chip count (800 x 10 players). So at AP, 2% of 13,500 chips (1,500 chips x 9 players) is 270. So somewhere around here equates to level 4 at PP.

[/ QUOTE ]

However, the extra player at Party has a significant effect on the value of the average stack. I believe this to be much more important than the value of all the chips, because decisions made by players to call or raise are going to be affected directly by their BB's remaining.