Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Open Season: Analyze These SNG Results

I just discovered the 2+2 forums and have been browsing through the single-table SNG forum like a hungry dog in a butcher shop.

Been playing SNGs at Party for almost nine months, mostly at the 215 level. After winning ~$5k, I started tracking my results more closely about 5-6 months ago. I didn't know about this site or the Penultimate Spreadsheet, so I created my own. It isn't nearly as detailed as Penultimate, but it serves the purpose.

I don't know how often y'all do this, but I think it would be both fun and educational to look at results and critique what we see....as long as the results are somewhat blinded and no valuable information about specific individuals is passed along. I think the file you will find at the link below is pretty well blinded.

Until finding this site, I had no idea what to compare my ITM%, ROI&, $/hr stats to....it looks like I have some room for improvement. What you will see in the spreadsheet is real data from almost 450 SNGs.

It's open season, so take some shots at my results. It's obvious that I tend to be too aggressive early on and finish 10th too often, but I'm working on that. I would welcome other feedback. Flame away!

http://<a href="http://hstrial-JScho...acking.xls</a>
Old 02-15-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Open Season: Analyze These SNG Results

How did you find the hidden 2+2 forums?? First rule is don't tell anyone about this place. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 10:31 PM

Think I actually stumbled upon them when Googling for Gigabet or actionmonkey.....The first rule of 2+2 is well-understood by me -- I know nothing, nothing!
Old 02-15-2005, 10:37 PM

Wow, now there's a response to the question I've never heard before. Interesting.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:55 PM

where do you get your rake rebate from?
Old 02-15-2005, 11:54 PM

There are plenty of advertisements out there. I probably shouldn't tout one over the other.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:13 AM

A bunch of them require that you have a "new" account or that you deposit your first real money deposit rigth then and there... since I already play real money, can I cancel my account and restart it so I can take advantage of these?