Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 10:19 AM

Default bluff magazine.. any thoughts?

i was going to subscribe to bluff magazine today (www.bluffmagazine.com) but i wanted to see what anyone had to say about it. if you have gotten a copy, what did you think of it?
Old 02-15-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: bluff magazine.. any thoughts?

Its free in many Vegas rooms.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 03:04 PM

as a consumer rule of thumb, I wouldn't buy a 6-issue subscription from a magazine that has only published 3 issues so far.

that and they're charging $25 a year which is only a 16% discount off the cover price. I already get 10% off at barnes & noble and I'd be more confident about new issues arriving there first before hitting my mailbox.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:24 PM

Picked one up at the Mirage the other day and read through it. By the way, it's subtitled "Bluff: The Thrill of Poker". That tells you right away where they're coming from. They have a poker quiz where they ask in-depth strategy questions like, what is the nickname for pocket sevens? And based on how many of these you get right, determines whether you're a "shark" or a "minnow". My overall impression? I'd say it's the poker magazine of, by and for all-in donkeys.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:16 PM

I read the first offering of this "mag". I would say its good to read on the crapper, because if you run out of TP, you can use the pages.... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2005, 12:38 PM

No. Bluff magazine has no thoughts whatsoever.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:00 PM

nine pages if you had chili.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:29 PM

Fun to read on the crapper.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:41 PM

Lighter....

Honestly, do not listen to these ignorant people. Apparently there thought process extends about as far as a baby in diapers.

As for Bluff Magazine. It is a fine read, run by fine people. The magazine is entertaining and provides you with all aspects of poker, not just the technical part. The magazine has frequent contributors that includes the best of the best of Poker including Annie Duke, Doyle Brunson and other high provile poker players.

If you go to their website, bluffmagazine.com they have a forum where you can read and post on almost any subject. I suggest you go there to read what actual Bluff Readers think about the magazine. The Publisher, Eric Morris actually will respond personally to almost every post (whether positive or negative). Bluff Magazine currently has a higher production run than any other poker magazine on the market, including CardPlayer. I really suggest you check out their website and see what you think.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lighter....

Honestly, do not listen to these ignorant people. Apparently there thought process extends about as far as a baby in diapers.

As for Bluff Magazine. It is a fine read, run by fine people. The magazine is entertaining and provides you with all aspects of poker, not just the technical part. The magazine has frequent contributors that includes the best of the best of Poker including Annie Duke, Doyle Brunson and other high provile poker players.

If you go to their website, bluffmagazine.com they have a forum where you can read and post on almost any subject. I suggest you go there to read what actual Bluff Readers think about the magazine. The Publisher, Eric Morris actually will respond personally to almost every post (whether positive or negative). Bluff Magazine currently has a higher production run than any other poker magazine on the market, including CardPlayer. I really suggest you check out their website and see what you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

TYVM, Mrs. Bluff.