Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 02:42 PM

Default New to NL: stat analysis requested.

I've decided to make a serious effort at NL and have been doing well this month. There's only a small sample size here, but I'd like to know if I'm heading in the right direction. I plan on posting some relevant hands shortly, and I of course want to improve my game. A big thanks also to everyone posting in this forum; it has helped me immensely. Any and all comments are appreciated.

Party $25NL (6 Max)

Total hands: 5798
VPIP: 21.36
VPIP from SB: 28.86
Folded SB to Steal: 83.93
Folded BB to Steal: 75.21
Att. to Steal Blinds: 12.09
Won $ WSF: 33.31
BB/100: 8.70 (17.4bb)
Went to SD: 21.98
Won $ at SD: 53.59
PF Raise: 6.49

Aggresion Factor:
Flop: 1.88
Turn: 1.35
River: 1.68
Total: 1.67 (post flop)
Old 02-13-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: New to NL: stat analysis requested.

VPIP and PFR look alright, a tad above mine, but I'm desperately tight lol

Tight up front, loose in the back is always valid.

The aggression factor looks good also, mine is slightly higher, but that's because I can't resist raising monkeys [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

It'll be easier to help you with your game once you post some hand histories, stats can be helpful but they don't reveal a whole lot about your decision-making.

How does midget chasing affect your game in terms of BB/100 ? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: New to NL: stat analysis requested.

To me these look like full ring (as apposed to 6max stats), but I can't argue with your win rate (8.7BB/100 is pretty dam good). Most of the top money winners from my pokertracker 6max database (at PP 100 NL) have VPIP above 30 and either high preflop raises percentages (like over 10), high post-flop aggression numbers (like over 3), or both.

Now the games at these levels might be a little different. If you can count on the players at lower stakes making more mistakes, being less bluffable, and being less aware of how you play then a solid sit back and wait approach would work better. I would think thats its harder to win at higher stakes 6max with this approach if for no other reason than it will be hard to get good action when you have a hand.

Passion