Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 08:38 AM

Default KK - Paired Board

I need to get back to posting hands. Been real lazy about improving my game lately. This is a $10+1 and Villian has done anything out of the ordinary yet. He mini-raises than just calls my big re-raise preflop. Than he calls bb weak bet and re-raises my raise. Any thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter

UTG+2 (t800)
MP1 (t1005)
Hero (t800)
MP3 (t720)
CO (t775)
Button (t525)
SB (t565)
BB (t1050)
UTG (t960)
UTG+1 (t800)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t40</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t125</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls t110, UTG+1 calls t85.

Flop: (t385) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t15</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t175</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t675 (All-In)</font>, Hero ??
Old 02-13-2005, 08:41 AM

Default Re: KK - Paired Board

You got urself pot-comitted, therefore pretty much have to call....Shoulda pushed on the flop to start, or check-fold [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2005, 09:12 AM

How is pushing on the flop going to help?

I don't think he's pot committed. I think it's a pretty easy fold. UTG possibly has JT, but I don't buy it. It looks like 99, QJ, KQ, AQ to me.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is pushing on the flop going to help?

I don't think he's pot committed. I think it's a pretty easy fold. UTG possibly has JT, but I don't buy it. It looks like 99, QJ, KQ, AQ to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that you are not pot committed. Fold and you have 500 chips. When he raised preflop and then called your raise, I put him on AK-AT, pocket pair or maybe KQ. The all in is an odd bet for someone with AQ/KQ (or 99). Unless you had AA,KK you wouldn't even think of calling it. I could see JT pushing put that has to be a really laggy player.

I have gotten to be really cautious with paired face cards on the board. I think I might try and call this down but in general I would rather save my chips for later and not do a continuation bet here.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:45 PM

I agree that Im not pot committed here. I think I do need to make a raise on the flop. If I just call that weak flop bet I have no idea were I am in the hand. If an A falls on the turn Ill really be screwed. Does my flop bet seem weak? He played this hand kinda strange and Im wondering if he is running a bluff or semi-bluff at me.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:21 PM

UTG's action screams "I have you beat, and probably beat significantly." Fold is probably in order.

And of course you're not pot committed. The chips in the middle are a sunk cost. They're irrelevant once the flop action starts in terms of 'pot commitment.'
Old 02-13-2005, 07:52 PM

this is 10+1. utg's min bet = lets see if i can bluff everyone if i'm the 1st in the pot.

you are not pot committed.

why risk your stack so early in the tourny w/KK on a dangerous board and villian showing strength.

with the re-raise and since it's only lvl1, i think it's an easy fold. you dont have the nuts. someone could have trip Q's or even 99 to make it a boat.