Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 10:49 AM

Default FULL TIME SNG\'s

Hi guys I've been playing these sng's for about a year total, just started really getting into them in the last few months though.. I was just wondering if there is anyone here who is making a good living playing these things.... I would love to quit my job and play these full time.... just not sure if its worth it.. I would need to make at lease $350-$400 a week on average.Can it be done at the $20's 4 tabling? If it cant be done at this level maybe the 33'3?

I'm just looking for some insight from people who are playing 300+ sng's per month, Really anyone msg me and tell me what you think?

SHOULD I DO THIS????
Or am I just DREAMING? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

FLAME ME IF YOU WANT TO
Old 02-10-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: FULL TIME SNG\'s

"I would need to make at lease $350-$400 a week on average."

Yep. VERY reasonable at the $33s or $22s.

"I would love to quit my job and play these full time"

I might not be experienced in poker, but I've been 'gambling' for a living for 3 years. It really is a good idea to keep working until going to work actually starts to cost you money.

You should have a good results over a statistically significant sample, make quite a bit more than you think you will need, and have at least a few months (preferably 6-12 months) expenses saved in advance.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:08 AM

I have no idea what you do for a living, but obviously you don't like it....So, you'd rather sit in a darkened room, by yourself, do something that used to be entertainment but is now "work", allow your social skills (whatever they are) to atrophy, completely piss-off all of your significant others, and to add insult to injury, go broke [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] GOOD LUCK
Old 02-10-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you do for a living, but obviously you don't like it....So, you'd rather sit in a darkened room, by yourself, do something that used to be entertainment but is now "work", allow your social skills (whatever they are) to atrophy, completely piss-off all of your significant others, and to add insult to injury, go broke GOOD LUCK

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the catch?
Old 02-10-2005, 11:47 AM

I understand where your coming from skipperbob, But the way I look at it is, I go to a job I hate for 8 hours a day 5 days a week monday-friday right, If i was making lets say on average $6 dollars per tourney right, I could make the same or more then I'm making now by playing about 20 a day.... 4 tabling thats about 5 hours right.
I would also be doing something I enjoy.. Now maybe I might not enjoy it when im doing it everyday for 5 hours.. But I dont enjoy what I'm doing now for 8 hours a day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hmmm sounds like im trying to convince myself to do this.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:10 PM

My opinion on this topic is pretty simple. If you have to ask, then you shouldn't do it. Those who know that it will work, are not asking, "hey, do you think I can make xxxx.... playing SnGs full time?"

If you're making $3,000 a month playing SnGs consistently for the last 6 months, I doubt you'd be asking this forum if it's the right idea, you'd already know. And, since this is the type of confidence you'd need to know for sure, if quitting is appropriate, then you now know what your next 6 month goal is.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My opinion on this topic is pretty simple. If you have to ask, then you shouldn't do it. Those who know that it will work, are not asking, "hey, do you think I can make xxxx.... playing SnGs full time?"

If you're making $3,000 a month playing SnGs consistently for the last 6 months, I doubt you'd be asking this forum if it's the right idea, you'd already know. And, since this is the type of confidence you'd need to know for sure, if quitting is appropriate, then you now know what your next 6 month goal is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said, Scuba. I agree completely.

eastbay
Old 02-10-2005, 12:45 PM

I seem to remember a Mr J on winneronline a few years ago, back in the days when you could make good money bonus hunting, was that you?
Old 02-10-2005, 12:46 PM

Yep. First half of 2003.

Those were the days. $100+ an hour no problem.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...If i was making lets say on average $6 dollars per tourney right...

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the catch: that $6 average may not manifest itself for a month or two. Don't fool yourself into thinking every game you play today is worth another 6 bucks. Before you dive in you need some emergency cash stored away or you might be very very unhappy after your first week.