Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 06:19 AM

Default Playering With The Super Tight, Super Aggressive

With a player last night I have 250+ hand on. Stats:

VPIP=12
aggr=6,5,7

I don't remember any specific hands or specific reads, but I was thinking that this kind of player is probably making errors by being so aggressive.

Can anyone say what kind of line you take against such a player, in general terms, to exploit those errors?

For example, with loose/passive players who call too much, you cut down on bluffing and value bet alot.

With super TAGs like the one I described, I'm thinking you will:

c/r alot.
call down alot.
wait till the river to raise alot

Is this correct? Other, more specific thoughts?
Old 02-08-2005, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Playering With The Super Tight, Super Aggressive

Depending on his position relative to you, modify your starting requirements. If he is on your right, this is easy to do. If he is on your left, you need to de-value your drawing hands. With this person on your left, it may become correct to fold suited connectors and semi-strong broadway cards that you would normally consider limping with. If he's on your left, personally I'd leave the table. If that option doesn't appeal to you , stick to your BIG cards against this guy and no liming. When in, come in for a raise.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:29 PM

I would go to another table unless you just wanted to work on your game concerning handling this type of player. I rather go make easier money at another table.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:48 PM

Usually there post flop play gives away little about thieir hand, so will be palying against the spread of hands indicated by their pre flop play for longer than usual.

Fold quickly or stick in there.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would go to another table unless you just wanted to work on your game concerning handling this type of player. I rather go make easier money at another table.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is silly. There are always TAGs at 3/6 tables now. In fact, you are at a good table if there are only 4 or 5 them. And I think that the player I described is probably not as good as a less insane TAG.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:11 PM

Maybe so on the interenet. I think you are talking internet? I play live 5-10 mostly, some 10-20, and at 5-10 there is usually no one like that. so, like I said from my experience, unless I wanted to hone up figuring find more like him / her at higher limits, I would switch tables if it was keeping me out of any pots in a soft game or making me less aggressive.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:19 PM

Also, you described ONE player at your table and then proceeded to tell how you normally play against loose passive, how do you exploit THIS player. IF you follow your own suggestions for one player with loose passives waiting to give you money, you are costing yourself $'s. That's my point. I dont' want to lower my hourly rate for dealing with one player.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you described ONE player at your table and then proceeded to tell how you normally play against loose passive, how do you exploit THIS player.

[/ QUOTE ]

My description of loose/passives was purely an example of the kind of explanation I was looking for, except I was looking for about superTAGs.

Also, you seem too eager to get up and leave the table. Are you sure you wouldn't rather play against this guy than against a more balance, less crazy TAG? And if you are saying that you can find tables without TAGs on the intertnet, that is just false in my experience at 3/6 and 5/10.

Anyway, I'm not necessarily saying you'd rather play against this wacko than a normal TAG, I'm just opening the idea up for discussion. Because clearly this guy is making errors by being too aggressive, right?
Old 02-08-2005, 11:57 PM

yes, right. I'm not arguing with your topic. I stated that I play live, that what I was saying was based on what I have found. Not so much at higher stakes , but at 5-10 my comments are exactly what I find. Usually 7 or 8 callers, tightens up sometimes to 3-4 but even then not aggressive. The player you describe will hurt my earnings. If not by my actions, definitely the action of the table. again, usually. not speaking in absolutes.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I stated that I play live

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are right then. I play live too sometimes, and I can tell you that, at least at Commerce, the live 6/12 games play like an online 1/2 game. Party 3/6 is MUCH tougher than a live 6/12 game. I've heard the same is true sometimes all the way up to 10/20 and 20/40, tho I havn't had experience with those limits yet myself.

gm