Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Difference between Steelers fans and Eagles fans

As a student at Penn State, I have to put up with both Steelers fans and Eagles fans all year. I noticed some interesting things the last 3 weeks though...

Steelers fans:

"Wow, your team completely outplayed and outcoached us. They completely shut down the run, and forced Ben to make bad decisions. Brady was outstanding; he picked us apart. They deserved to win. Good luck in the Super Bowl."

Eagles fans:

"Your team sucks. The only reason you won is because McNabb IS THE WORST QUARTERBACK EVER! Those interceptions that McNabb threw were his the worst throws I've ever seen. Oh, Brady didn't make any mistakes? That's because our defense didn't step up and make the big plays. We gave you that game."

Any time I talk to a Steelers fan, I feel like I'm talking to a true fan. Most Steelers fans could name all the favorite foods of each player on that team. They know what the hell they're talking about in terms of football strategy too. (I'm going to be honest. I don't. I love the Pats, I rooted for them even before the Bledsoe/Parcells years, but to call myself a diehard football fan would be a lie)

Eagles fans just seem miserable and unwilling to give credit where credit is due. Is this what it's like listening to us Red Sox fans for years? My humble apologies. I became a quasi-Steelers fan this year, mainly because I like the way they play football, and I like their fans. Philly fans, get over it. The better team actually won the game?!?
Old 02-07-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Difference between Steelers fans and Eagles fans

I can't say I completely agree with these statements as the general opinions of fans at my school. It's pretty much just that the Eagles have a developed a wider and less "sports-intelligent" bandwagon fan-base in the last 3 years, and it's expected that they'll make and win the NFC Championship game.

Going into this season the Steelers had no such hope and their fans should be thankful they got as far as they did.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:09 PM

Pennsylvania is reflective of the USA in miniature. The Philly environs is blue state snobby elitest. The rest of the state is red state gregarious and humble. This is not so hard to understand.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:15 PM

I don't find you characterization to be accurate at all, but whatever.

And if a supposed Eagle fan can't sing the fight song (a good test), please do us all a favor and punch him/her.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pennsylvania is reflective of the USA in miniature. The Philly environs is blue state snobby elitest. The rest of the state is red state gregarious and humble. This is not so hard to understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back to the politics forum. Seriously.

troll.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:30 PM

What did you expect from a fan base that actually likes T.O.?
Old 02-07-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back to the politics forum. Seriously.

troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not like it, but cultural factors do affect things like fan behavior. No everyone in this country is a moral eunuch.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What did you expect from a fan base that actually likes T.O.?

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not have to like him, but you should respect him. Dude risked his career and came up huge. His work ethic is unquestioned and he has been one of the 3 best at his position for a long time now.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:45 PM

Did you see how the Patriots mimicked TO's wing-flapping celebrations? David Givens did it after scoring in the 2nd quarter, and Rodney Harrison did it after his late game interception.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:48 PM

did you see how the Patriots mimicked TO's wing-flapping celebrations? David Givens did it after scoring in the 2nd quarter, and Rodney Harrison did it after his late game interception.

that was HILARIOUS!

ps-
i hate TO. i do however, have to respect him after last night.