Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Live SNG hand

Played in a live 10 person one table tournament tonight which is a weekly tournament that I have played about 5 times. All of the players are relatively average to slightly below average players that I am pretty familiar with. A hand I doubled up fairly early on was:

Dealt 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the SB, a player in late position limped, I completed, the BB raised 3xBB and we both call.

The flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I end up check raising all in on the turn and get called by Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Definitely a loose call by this games standards but really not that far out of line.

Fastforward about 45 minutes and we are down to 6 players. Another stack and I are relatively even in second place ~2000, and the chip leader was ~3500 everyone else was ~800. Top 3 get paid.

Again I was in the small blind and dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Everyone folds to the chipleader in the CO who raises it to 140, the blinds were 20/40. A little information on the chip leader is he is loose, probably greater 50% VPIP. His raising standards are relatively in check though but is still pretty loose on his raises. Also if he enters a pot preflop he will call anyraises behind him short of an allin. He is known by the table as a gambler. What is your move?

The Flop Comes J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

What line do you take if you see the flop?