Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2005, 04:59 PM

Default SSHE Loose Hand Table ?

In SSHE the Loose Games table in late position says that against a raise with less than 4 people the hero should reraise with AA-TT AKs and AK, and

Cold Call AQs, AJs, KQs and with 3 people you can add Qjs, JTs, T9s.

When more than 4 people have entered the pot SSHE suggests reraising AA-TT, AKs-AJs, KQs, and AK, and

Cold Call Any PP, And 2 suited cards Ten or higher, AXs, T9s-76s, and AQ

With less than 4 people it says to revert to tight game late position rules.

The ? being am I supposed to Cold Call AQs, AJs, KQs, QJs, JTs, T9s in a tight game with 3 people in the pot?

I feel like I am cold calling way more than the Pg.84 estimate that it would be once every 550 hands, and if I go to the loose table with more than 4 people already in the pot, which SSHE suggests to assume that the table is loose before it proves other wise, then Given a usual small stakes game I would be cold calling many more hands.

Am I understanding this table and text correctly, and is the trick to playing most of these hands understanding that they are going to be Frequently Dominated. So with out a Flush or Straight Draw, or Strong two pair, A hero should get away from these hands fast, as a simple top pair or medium pair is not enough against such either a very tight field or a very large field?