Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Getting out of a contract?

I'm trying to get out of a contract and need a little advice.
I went down to buy a car and the salesman and I agreed to an "out the door" price. We agreed on $7700 total for the car with $1000 for a down payment. So I would finance $6700. I went back to the financing office and signed the contract. Only problem is that the price on the contract said $13,000. All the paperwork is not done yet. They haven't verified that I have insurance and the finance company has not been chosen. Actually, the credit application has not yet been approved and I have not given them a down payment on the car. Also, my spouse, who is the only income earner, has not signed anything(i was alone). Even still, the dealership says that I'm stuck with the car. The people I've talked to(who don't know) say that I should be able to get out of the contract and not continue with the purchase. I live in Nevada which doesn't have a 3 day "cooling off" period. Basically, I got ripped off but I didn't catch it on the contract. I don't want the car, but I also don't want to back out of a deal if I'm not entiled to do so.

ps- I've been told that I could "unwind" the contract. Also, if anybody knows another board where I should post this please let me know.
Thanks a lot.