Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 03:35 PM

Default NBA 1/25

Hey everyone, I've been betting sports for about two years now, and I have watched this board for a while, so I decided why not chip in every so often.

Laker +3 Lakers are at home where they have defeated the sonics 5 straight times. Even without Bryant, Atkins has stepped up big.

Nets/Kings over 194.5

Suns -6 With Nash back and New York in ruins, I think the Suns will cover easily.

Good luck, and I hope I am correct with my first post here.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: NBA 1/25

Just wanted to warn you that I like both the Lakers and Suns as well.
Lakers have failed to win 3 in a row 6xs or so this season.
Focused on getting it done.
Seems like the public would be all over the Suns.
Fade away.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:00 PM

I would stay far, far away from that Suns/Knicks game, and this is coming from one who loves the Suns this year. First off, I don't like laying 6 on the road with anyone. Second, this has all of the circumstances of a Knicks outright win all over it -- coaching change, team in disarray but finally healthy (loss of Crawford really hurt ... Houston could not pick up slack), record of something like 1-10 in last 11 ... I hate talk like "Knicks will be up for this one", but I have to tell you ... Knicks will be up for this one. For the Knicks, this is a big game. A chance to turn things around against one of the top 2 teams in the league. They may not win, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept it close. Then again, I think the Knicks stink and the Suns should win by 20. Thus, to me it's a no play.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:12 PM

The only question I have to that analysis is that all the elements you discussed were present on Sunday when they were favorites at home to the Bucks and lost (took the ML on the Bucks that day).
They still had the coaching change, still had Crawford, and still looked terrible.
So the only difference is that now they are playing a top team in the NBA who has suffered some big losses without Nash and should be looking to get back on track.
I will probably stay away from this game as well, but the Knicks often look like the dumbest team in the NBA and that is saying a lot.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:44 PM

I hear you ... the difference is here you're laying 6 on the road.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:46 PM

I get it, and now am officially off this game.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:52 PM

Fast forward to 10:50 EST

PHX 111
NYK 86 (F)

Just don't blame me when this happens. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fast forward to 10:50 EST

PHX 111
NYK 86 (F)

Just don't blame me when this happens. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't bet NBA games much, and I'm from NY and a big Knicks fan so take this with a grain of salt but........

I think the Knicks will win this one at home. I'm not giving any additional reasoning that wasn't already given by previous posters. I will say that this game is HUGE for the Knicks (especially Steph) and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see a close game/NY upset. Of course the Knicks can't play D, but I'm expecting a big game from Starbury and if Crawford gets hot, it could be a long day for the Suns.

Then again, like others have said, the Suns could easily blow them out. Betting the NBA sucks.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:20 PM

No parlay tonight meaning I'll probably hit all 3:

MEM -7.5
CHI -5
PHX -6.5

Memphis -7 - MEM is playing ORL who is a bit fatigued..playing road back-to-back..got trounced in HOU last night. MEM is very well-rested having not played since Saturday...gives them a little time to emotionally recover from a tough road-trip that included the sudden passing of their radio/television announcer (who was good friends with many of the players).
Perhaps some sort of tribute to him tonight since this is their first home game since his death but I don't know if that will play any factor in the game.

PHX -6.5 - I'm not too excited to give that many points to a road team. But, as has been pointed out earlier...PHX doesn't even need to show up and the Knicks have a pretty reasonable chance of finding a way to beat THEMSELVES by 7 points. Knicks are in turmoil with the loss of their head-coach. PHX focused on getting back on track.

CHI -5 - Hosting DEN who is really inconsistent too. Yes, I admit I'm getting on the Bulls band-wagon here. But I watched the WGN-TV broadcast of them beating up on the Pistons. And the highlights of them just destroying ATL last night was impressive. My main concern is that they played in ATL last night and return to home tonight so they've got to suck it up and away/home back-to-back...shake of the drowsyness...and knock down some shots.
On 2nd thought...the travel-factor for the Bulls might make 5 points an awful lot to give up and I'm having 2nd thoughts on this one. Oh well..too late now.

[ QUOTE ]
Lakers have failed to win 3 in a row 6xs or so this season.
Focused on getting it done.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a non-factor imo...i suspect the players might not even be aware of this...and if they were I just don't see it as giving them some sort of advantage.

I think if they are going to be "up" for the game any more than usual it is just going to be based on the fact that Seattle plays a different style of basketball (perhaps meaning LAL will be more focused) and is a good team.

SEA losing 5 straight to LAL is probably not too much of a factor either imo...although perhaps gives SEA a bit extra motivation.

I think LAL will win this one but am not betting it. They are still pretty inconsistent and every time I think I have LAL figured out they tend to exactly the opposite of what I think.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:07 PM

Wasn't paying much attention to the pre-game show except when they were making tributes to the late broadcaster

...but I just heard them say that Gasol won't be playing tonight for some reason (wasn't aware of that).

They said tonight's game is being broadcast back to Spain and they're going to be pretty disappointed that Gasol isn't playing.

Don't know why Gasol is out.

Oh well...guess I need to keep up with things a bit more.

The line has moved down to 6.5 and the betting continues to go onto the ORL side it appears.