Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 06:37 AM

Default I Didn\'t Study For This Test, I\'m Cool

Justin A's post reminded me of this attitude in high school which irked me. There were a lot of people who didn't do homework or study for tests and then they would say something like "yeah, i didn't study for this test or do any homework all semester! i don't pay attention in class either! oh well!" then a week later they will say "look man, i got a B on that test, and I didn't study at all, it was so easy."

As if their indifferent attitude is the coolest thing ever (plus they are geniuses, they got a B on a test while doing no work), but even worse than that is that these people do their homework and are just making [censored] up. When they said they didn't study what they really mean is they didn't do the extra credit assignment and they ONLY reviewed for an hour or two. Bogus.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:40 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 01-25-2005, 06:42 AM

Default Re: LMAO

Exactly, it's really just impossible to get some grades in some classes without paying attention in class or doing homework. I mean, where the hell did you learn the material if not from doing some form of work for class?
Old 01-25-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Re: I Didn\'t Study For This Test, I\'m Cool

Hey Bruiser,

Some people probably really didn't have to study in high school. I went to a private school with hard courses and hard instructors, and I barely had to study, and only for some courses. My senior year advanced calc and logic courses I did a combined three days of work/studying outside of class between both semesters. Lit and History and all my sciences I always had to study a little for, but not that much. Judging by the exams some of my friends would bring home from their public high schools, I very seriously doubt I would've had to study or do work outside of class at all for a lot of those courses. A lot of it will depend on where you went to high school. More will depend on how quickly you're able to learn, do busy work, and remember info for exams by just glancing at it. But it's not hard for me to believe that some people really could get through lower level high school tracks with zero studying or work outside of class with a 3.0.

GoT
Old 01-25-2005, 06:50 AM

Default Re: LMAO

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly, it's really just impossible to get some grades in some classes without paying attention in class or doing homework. I mean, where the hell did you learn the material if not from doing some form of work for class?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was supposed to be from the textbook. If it makes you feel better, I've been studying off and on since I woke up today.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:50 AM

I was the person you hated in high school, well not exactly. I honestly never did study for a test, although I never thought it was all that cool. It was just the way I learned. For me, sitting and reading the text books or going over my notes never helped me at all. I won't say I never did homework, but I definitely didn't do much my senior year and I would say it bordered on none.

Its not somethign I bragged about, because frankly I'm not a douche bag loser, but I never saw the benefit to studying. Some people do, good for them.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Justin A's post reminded me of this attitude in high school which irked me. There were a lot of people who didn't do homework or study for tests and then they would say something like "yeah, i didn't study for this test or do any homework all semester! i don't pay attention in class either! oh well!" then a week later they will say "look man, i got a B on that test, and I didn't study at all, it was so easy."

As if their indifferent attitude is the coolest thing ever (plus they are geniuses, they got a B on a test while doing no work), but even worse than that is that these people do their homework and are just making [censored] up. When they said they didn't study what they really mean is they didn't do the extra credit assignment and they ONLY reviewed for an hour or two. Bogus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're necessarily referring to me, but I will say it is possible to get good grades with either not studying or not doing homework. But you can't do it without doing either. In high school I tended to do all my homework but skip the studying. In college I do the opposite, I don't do any work and skip most of my classes, and then cram before the test. My plan has been partially foiled this time as I have the wrong book from which to cram for the test.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When they said they didn't study what they really mean is they didn't do the extra credit assignment and they ONLY reviewed for an hour or two. Bogus.

[/ QUOTE ]
Having spent less time studying in high school than anyone I know (excluding the group of kids who took more than 4 years to finish school), I don't see anything unbelievable about going through all four years studying for a test.

Math, Chemistry, Physics, English - well, let's just say any class that wasn't Spanish, biology, or history - I never studied for. And by never, I mean a combined 1 hour would be generous for all those classes.

While I know I am very smart, I also know there are many people out there smarter than me. High school bored the hell out of me. I make no apologies. I see no reason why I should have worked harder in school. So why should I begrudge those who were enough smarter than me to have never had to study?
Old 01-25-2005, 07:13 AM

You never did PM about that thing.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:52 AM

Sorry man, but in high school I never did homework or extra credit and I crushed the tests. And yes, that makes me kinda cool.