Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Pokerstars Turbo SNGs

I have "specialized" over the past 3-4 months in short handed Party 6 max (moving from 1/2 to 5/10 with bankroll success).

In an attempt to improve my overall game, and eventually become a good MTT player, I decided a few weeks ago to invest time (and hopefully not money) in Stars Turbo 15+1 SNGs. I have now played over 60 with some success (I keep track using Poker Tracker).

Thanks to the excellent FAQ, I have a good idea about bankroll requirements (no problem) and some general recommendations on moving up (I plan to play 150-200 at this level before moving up, despite my + results). I have not found any threads which specifically discuss Turbo SNG strategy. So, this is a request for anyone who has such a thread link.

Also, are there any good threads which really compare Party and Stars SNGs. I have tried Party SNGs a few times, but HATE starting with only 800 chips. Starting with 1500 chips allows me to take a few early shots at limping in with decent (not premium) hands, hoping for a good flop. That strategy seems unlikely to work with only 800 chips.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me to these threads.