Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 04:24 AM

Default Questions on all streets!

The game: crypto 20-40, 6-max.
Villain is serious, tight agressive.

Villain raises UTG. Hero 3-bets UTG+1, holding K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. All fold to villain who calls.
<font color="blue"> Q1: what do you do here holding hero's hand. The 3-bet seems a bit agressive against a solid player raising UTG, but cold-calling is not part of my arsenal... </font>

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.2 small bets).
Villain checks, Hero bets, Villain raises, Hero calls.
<font color="blue"> Q2: should I 3-bet here? I called planning to raise the turn... </font>

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.5 big bets)
Villain bets, Hero raises, Villain calls.
<font color="blue"> Following the plan here... </font>

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9.5 big bets)
Villain checks, Hero bets, villain calls.
<font color="blue"> Q3: should I check after that river Q? It hits one of the hand villain could hold that I was beating, QJ. Also it makes a call more difficult for him if he holds an underpair...</font>

Results to follow.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Questions on all streets!

I fold preflop, you are on the bad end of raising hands.

Whats he raising that you beat? KTs? QJs?

If he is a loose raiser or a bit weak postflop then 3betting is good but most times its best just to dump it.

I probably check the river, I dont think there is much value betting it. He may have AJ AQ type hands and be scared of a big pair.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:54 AM

Interesting comment, is folding KJs routine in that situation? I thought my hand was borderline, and that it was a fold of 3-bet situation, trying to get some stealing equity thx to the 3-bet.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:57 AM

I think it's a judgement call based on your opponent. However, you said that villain was "seriously tight agressive" and he's raising UTG. You are likely dominated here by a better hand, I'd think AK or KQ...the best chance you have is that he has AQ preflop so at least your cards are different making you less of a dog. If you are dominated here by AK or KQ you are a monster underdog. Fold preflop, flop is fine, turn is fine, I think river is fine, you want to see the showdown but you don't want to get raised because the queen likely made him.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think river is fine, you want to see the showdown but you don't want to get raised because the queen likely made him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you think my river play is wrong, just as I do... My KJs was already not doing too good compared to the raiser "unvier of rasning hands", after that river Q, it is doing awful...

Thx for the comments on the preflop 3-bet, makes me realize how loose I am still playing!

The "I knew it" results in white below:
<font color="white"> Hero shows Kc Jc
Villain shows Ah Jd
Hero cries thinking I knew he got me all the way, why in the world did I bet the river, I'll never 4-table again...

</font>