Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2002, 05:53 PM

Default how much does it cost to set up a poker site

does anyone know how much does it cost to buy a poker server software? if i set one up, you all can come and play at my site for reduce rake... [img]/images/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2002, 06:02 PM

Default you\'re asking the wrong question

It is probably pretty cheap. You should be asking yourself: 'how much does it cost to promote your site and get players to come there to play and if/when they do - to stay?' Many sites are finding that to get a base of players and keep them is a huge challenge and often go out of business. Even the second biggest sites are not even close to the player-base as the #1 site and they have to offer huge promotions to get players to come. I'm sure they often cash in just for the signup bonuses and cash out shortly after.

Old 04-28-2002, 04:18 PM

Default Re: how much does it cost to set up a poker site

the software might go for around 100k.... you dont really own the software but a license to use it, so you are pretty much depending on the developers to update it etc

to setup the customerservice office I think that its around 5k-10k for say 2 months

and the issue of advertising it........well may be 200-300k [img]/images/frown.gif[/img]