Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2002, 10:54 PM

Default Two Issues with Paradise NL games

Issue #1. The blinds are just too small. They are not worth stealing or defending. The blinds are supposed to provoke action. In a .25-.50 game that's $.75 and in a .50-1 game that's $1.50. As of right now there are many players that lack patience so they create action but as the games become more competitive that will be a problem. I wish they would have a NL game with higher blinds and higher buy-in, even a $3-6/300 buy-in would be a substantial improvement.

Issue #2. There are no heads up NL games. If they have heads-up at all the limits, and now they have added NL, why can't they have heads-up NL tables?

Otherwise, the NL games are a wonderful addition to Paradise.

Anyone agree/disagree?
Old 04-19-2002, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Two Issues with Paradise NL games

I couldn't care less about hth, but I suppose you're right. The blind structure, on the other hand, I definately agree with you on. Its the main reason why I haven't bothered to play much in the NL games. When I have played, I've experimented with compulsive slowplaying, as well as grossly overbetting the pot, hoping for action. On the other hand, if the games were much bigger, I wouldn't play for fear of collusion. Its great that they offer it, but I really don't believe that the internet is a good place to play big bet poker.
Old 04-20-2002, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Two Issues with Paradise NL games

'Issue #2. There are no heads up NL games. If they have heads-up at all the limits, and now they have added NL, why can't they have heads-up NL tables?'

My guess is that they fear money laundering will happen too easily at heads-up no-limit. A player could easily dump huge sums to another player very quickly.