Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2002, 10:39 PM

Default Playing Like An Idiot On the Internet (PLZ READ)

I dont know if its just me but in my opinion around 40 percent of people who play on the internet are either retarded or morons. In my 1 1/2 years of Internet Poker experience I have seen some god aweful things that have just made me plained pissed off.

I don't consider myself a pro by any way or means, but I do know the basic fundamanetals and stradegies of many types of live poker.

What I have seen In the past year or so was just well to put it in one word. "UNREAL".

I Have also played in live poker games and have never seen the horrioble play that I have witnissed in these interent rooms.

I have seen rediculous pre-flop raises (With 2/7 off) Bets and raises when the player is holding nothing which in my opinion is not used by these morons to steal the pot. I mean I played with one player who preflop rose ever hand he got. Now I know most of you would probly say well use their bad play to your advantage and its easier to win. Well these fishes cost myself as well as the whole table money and usually complete their hands on the river.

For this reason I have discontinued playing on the interent and have resorted to playing with people face to face where I can reach over the table and strangle them if they piss me off.

Just like to hear some of your opinions about these moronic players who sheild there real identity and play via the internet who should be banned from poker indefinately.

THANKS AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!

Old 04-17-2002, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Playing Like An Idiot On the Internet (PLZ REA

They should probably learn to spell too ;-)
Old 04-17-2002, 10:57 PM

In all of my years, I have never seen such a buchery of the English language. Good luck and good night.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:58 PM

I think your losing it buddy, you should be glad that people are making plays like that and raising with 7/2 offsuit. Yes, the variance increases and it might seem that they are always hitting their river card but you just have to hang in there and play your best game. If after a couple of hundred hours of playing and you still haven't been winning atleast 1BB per hour then guess what, you aren't good enough to be playing at that level even if it is the level where people are raising with trash.

-MJ
Old 04-17-2002, 11:27 PM

If you're playing in my game, I'll give you a "preflop rose" to cheer you up after I suck outon you.
Old 04-17-2002, 11:35 PM

Which site are you playing on? these games sound great [img]/images/wink.gif[/img]

thanks
Old 04-17-2002, 11:44 PM

Despite your spelling errors I get your drift and will probably make a few spelling and gramar errors in my reply. Now that we have that out of the way lets talk. I know exactly what you are doing wrong!!! You are playing by the book like a good little boy, BUT you can't handle it when your AA is cracked by 7 2 off suit. What you fail to understand is that AA is just ONE pair. Don't make me list all the hands that beat one pair. I could go on and on but will get right to the point. YOUR PLAY AFTER THE FLOP SUCKS. There I said it......Thats your problem!
Old 04-18-2002, 12:44 AM

Default haven\'t read the other responses but...

If you stopped playing on the internet because the opponents are too bad you might want to reconsider who the fish is
Old 04-18-2002, 12:53 AM

Default Spoken like a true loser *NM*

Old 04-18-2002, 12:57 AM

Default Re: haven\'t read the other responses but...

Stopping playing, for whatever reason, is the best move for him to make, in his current mindset.

If in his mind, he thinks he can't win, then he won't win! Poker is like a sport, 90% psychological (well, maybe not 90% [img]/images/wink.gif[/img] )

- Tony