Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2002, 01:15 PM

Default Pokerstars

MS Sunshine(s) have received some greatly deserved praise in these parts for the 2nd Annual 2+2 Freeroll HUT. I 87th that. Fantastic job!

Anyone who has organized ANYthing of this size realizes that the workload is far greater than imagined, there are always dicey problems, whiners, etc. But the Sunshines have pulled it off with nary a glitch and hardly a hitch. With pro quality, class, and a just dab of humor.

I therefore nominate MS Sunshine as the PERMANENT HUT organizers. Whoa...just kiddin'. Wouldn't wish that on you.

But, POKERSTARS, out of left field, has received hardly a syllable of comment, and that comment was picayunish neg. Hey, these guys put up $1,000!!! No other site did. That shows some real style. Sure, it's from their ad/promo budget you say. So, give them points for being smart, too. They also chipped in a goodly bit of work that wouldn't have gone down well without some entuhsiasm behind it. And - they risked something. This tourney was set up quickly with a structure totally unfamiliar to Pokerstars. If there had been significant problems, they would have taken it on the chin. They're coming through big time.

Quite a gusher, that, so I'll be expecting a huge deposit in my account, wink wink. Seriously, a deserved "gush" o' praise. They caught my attention. I had blasted through my $50 buy-in there, but now I'll be back. The pix are cool, too. If an effort were made next time to have all 2+2ers post their REAL pix, could be interesting!
Old 04-14-2002, 02:02 PM

Default Very true!

Pokerstars deserves a tremendous amount of praise. The bottom line is that they put this thing together in less than a week, handled it with professionalism, and oh yeah, $1000 prize pool is amazing.

They deserve every bit of praise we can heap on them.

Mojay
Old 04-14-2002, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Very true!

one of the things that caught my attention when ms posted the choices is that poker stars was johney on the spot. (i think after discussing it in the boardrooms the other sites would of come up with something) however time was of the essence and the ability to make a quick decision to be associated with 2+2 HUT should benefit them!! the praise here will fade away. but a long term increase in players, and bragging rights about hosting the tourny, will hopefully pay them off. milk it for all it's worth folks, and thanks.
Old 04-14-2002, 03:54 PM

Hellooooo, is there anybody in there ? You people are floozies, if you could take the pokerstars promo as anything BUT a grand promotion. You simpletons, they didn't do it as a free public service or charity, they got something to get out of it.... a lot of FREE GOOD advertsing and a bunch of sissies who gonna buy into this site. You guys put the rest of to us shame... you suck it up, you fishes.
Old 04-14-2002, 04:52 PM

Sure thing. I'll be there with the sissies and fish then. It might have been a grand old promo...but it was a damn good one.

Mojay
Old 04-14-2002, 06:12 PM

Default the unsung hero

Yes, Poker Stars did an amazing job of getting this tournament onto their software in such a short amount of time, and with the format that our players wanted.

And while everyone has been very generous in their praise of me and my contributions to this event, there is someone else who worked even harder and handled more "Can you solve this in the next 5 minutes?" problems than I could relate here.

That person is Steve Morrow, newly appointed card room manager of Poker Stars.

Steve, if your reading this, thanks for letting me be the middle-man and take all the credit. For all of you who sent last minute e-mails for problems, they went straight to Steve, who is the real hero of the tournament problem solvers.

Thank you so much for everything...it was a wonderful tournament! Great Fun!

MS Sunshine and Rapunzel
Old 04-14-2002, 06:44 PM

Default Re: the unsung hero

Pokerstars was nothing short of brilliant. They arranged everything with little notice, and with the exception of a couple of bad beats on the final table (just kidding) everything went very smoothly.
Old 04-14-2002, 07:10 PM

Default Yes, I\'m promoting pokerstars!

Just a promo -- are you nuts! People run businesses and they went out of their way to organize something I thoroughly enjoyed. Why would I/we not praise them? I guess I'm just to dumb -- maybe they don't want smart people like yourself to got to their site! It's called targetted marketing. And it does work.

Myself, I'd buy into these tourneys.
Old 04-14-2002, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Yes, I\'m promoting pokerstars!

of course it was a prmo - they are a for profit orginazation. i played there befor, and intend to continue. the point is i hope they profit from this, that is how you make them want to do it again. they saw an oppertunity and jumped on it. good for them!!!! if this makes me a fish, well maby i am anyway, i lost 176USD sat night!!! anyway i like to encourage this type of behavior by the poker sites. well done pokerstars
Old 04-14-2002, 08:57 PM

Default Re: the unsung hero

There was a little mess up with the three person rooms at first...I sat back and waited while they corrected the problem. They fixed the rooms and established the start time for an hour from when it should have been. I took this opportunity to watch some of the other games and see how well certain people played.

Not once did I complain about this and I never really even gave it a second thought...thses things happen and it was really no big deal.

When I looked in my e-mail later on, I was surprised to see not only one letter of appology, but two! One from support and one from Steve Morrow himself. I didn't even complain and they still felt it necessary to appologize.

I already thought the site was great, but that was just icing on the cake. Thank you very much Pokerstars and Steve Morrow!