Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 09:47 PM

Default 18 player SNG

I play on a site that just started offering 18 player SNG tourneys. I play the $10-$20(9players top 3 paid) tourneys and they are pretty easy. For a $20 18 player SNG they pay the top four ($144-$108-$72-$36) so your adding 9 more players and adding one more paid place. I just wanted some opinions on if these are a good bet or not. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: 18 player SNG

In my opinion, and in the calculations I have been able to do, the more players and the bigger the payouts, the better the ROI for good players.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion, and in the calculations I have been able to do, the more players and the bigger the payouts, the better the ROI for good players.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have played lots of ps two table before, and ROI is definitely higher, but not necessary hourly rate though. Just like turbo has lower ROI than normal games. You have a better edge if you play long session.

The most problem I see for ps 2 table is that it take forever to fill up and you are going to play the same group of people over ane over again. I don't know about other sites. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2005, 04:14 AM

Ya, I forget to mention that they do take a very long time. I'm just not sure if the larger pay out is worth it on a time basis since it does take much longer to complete than a regular 9 player SNG