Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Laundry Room Etiquette

If you've ever lived in an apartment, you're no doubt familiar with this situation.

So I come home from work, and decide that I need to get some laundry done. I pack up all my funky gear, and head down to the laundry room. My particular laundry room has 2 washers & 2 driers, since there is a laundry room for each apartment 'wing' (there are i think 6 'wings' in the complex). So anyway, I get down there, and what do you know, there are clothes in the washer, and the load is done. Whose are they? I don't know. So what do I do? Wait? If so, how long? Just for reference, the apartment has a notice in every laundry room that states something to the effect of 'It is your responsibility to make sure your stuff is out when it's done, otherwise someone may remove it'

So I waited for a minute or so and decided I'm not gonna just sit around here, and I started taking the clothes out and laying them on top of the dryer, and started my loads. Just as I was finishing up, the owner of the loads walks in, and she's an old woman and also happens to be my next door neighbor, who had moved in a few months ago but with whom I've never even talked to. Anyway, long story short, she goes literally ballistic. Like, apesh*t. I couldn't believe it. She was screaming about how I should wait, and she doesn't want people touching her clothes and yada yada yada. I tried explaining that 1) I didn't know when she was gonna decide to come back, and 2) there's clearly a notice up that says it's on her to get her stuff out. But she wouldn't hear any of it. The tone of her broken-English voice kept escalating and escalating, and eventually I just laughed and walked out.

What do you do when you see clothes in the washer?

As a footnote, as I was going back to do my drying load, I bumped into her again, and she said, "If you do that (taking her stuff out) again, I'm calling the cops." Now, normally I try to stay serious during stuff like this, but I couldn't hold it in. I just started cracking up right in her face. She said "Next time I'll do that to you.", to which I replied, "Sure, if I'm not around when my load is done, feel free to remove them.", to which she replied "No, I won't stoop down to your level." Riiiiiiiight. Comments?
Old 01-12-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Laundry Room Etiquette

Well, I would have waited about 15 minutes after I saw clothes just sitting there.

I mean dude, its not like people are anally waiting around till the exact time their wash gets done to run over and take it out on the off chance people are dying to use the washer.

However this lady is 100% out of line, and she deserve to get laughed at.

Also tell her you want to "soil her panties"
Old 01-12-2005, 08:58 PM

Old people like to complain.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:59 PM

'F 'em.

I've had people take my junk out of the dryer because it stopped, and the dryer next to it was empty. They didn't know there was another one behind the door. Their clothes went down the stairwell, with a note.

Never happened again.

Funny thing is, the other, empty dryer is the better one... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2005, 09:01 PM

Did it ever occur to you that

1) There might have been clothes in that dryer as well and they chose to take yours out, and then when you came back to see this the clothes in the other dryer were gone
2) The dryer was broken
3) You're a dick
Old 01-12-2005, 09:03 PM

I think you for sure have to punch her. Maybe not in the face but a charlie horse or something.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:03 PM

You did the right thing and the woman should be laughed at every time you see her, just so she starts to realize how out of line she was.

If I'm not there when my load finishes, I expect them to be taken out. It was my fault I left them in there and I should pay the "price" regardless if it was 15 seconds, 15 minutes, or 15 hours. There's a reason timers/alarms were made.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also tell her you want to "soil her panties"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it goes without saying that you need to jerk on something of her's next time.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a footnote, as I was going back to do my drying load, I bumped into her again, and she said, "If you do that (taking her stuff out) again, I'm calling the cops." Now, normally I try to stay serious during stuff like this, but I couldn't hold it in. I just started cracking up right in her face. She said "Next time I'll do that to you.", to which I replied, "Sure, if I'm not around when my load is done, feel free to remove them.", to which she replied "No, I won't stoop down to your level." Riiiiiiiight. Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take her picture repeatedly with a mobile phone...that'll teach her.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:15 PM

Hahaha, good work....