Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 09:41 AM

Default My driving \'pet peeve\'

While driving home from work last night some idiot cut me off and proceeds to honk his horn, flash his high beams and give me the finger.

Now, I dont know about you but this pisses me off more than anything. Twenty years ago I would have chased that SOB down and beat the crap out of him.

Still, nothing irritates me more than some a$$hole blaming you for HIS mistake...that and tailgating. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

List your driving irritations: Apologies if discussed before.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Re: My driving \'pet peeve\'

If I let you in when there's a bunch of traffic, please raise your hand and acknowledge me. I hate it when bastards just take the opening I give them and act like it was something I had to do.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:50 AM

People that drive 10 miles below the limit in the left lane. People that stop 15 feet behind the line at lights.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:52 AM

People who you let cross the road, or walk in front of you in the road, and they take their sweet old time. Put a little hop in your step if someone does you a favor.

One thing that helps when someone pisses you off, is that you have to realize MOST people are really STUPID. Just tell yourself this, and it will be better.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:59 AM

LOL - your post reminded me of Jerry Seinfelds routine about "the finger" and why we take offense to that certain digit being extended.

I live in the Colorado Mountains; both of these pertain to mountain driving.

#1: Getting stuck behind some douche doing 10 miles an hour below the speed limit because he's some flatlander without the skills to actually turn the steering wheel to get around turns drives me nuts.

#2: Bicycles on the road. I know they have the right to use the road as much as anyone else, but when they are 4 abreast, blocking a lane and holding up traffic I mentally see a target on their backs. It's like they get off by holding up traffic "because they can". Don't they realize that a 3,000 pound vehicle will crush their enormous egos in an instant? (I love the stupid sponsor laden spandex clothes they wear too...LMAO)
Old 01-12-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While driving home from work last night some idiot cut me off and proceeds to honk his horn, flash his high beams and give me the finger.

Now, I dont know about you but this pisses me off more than anything. Twenty years ago I would have chased that SOB down and beat the crap out of him.

Still, nothing irritates me more than some a$$hole blaming you for HIS mistake...that and tailgating. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

List your driving irritations: Apologies if discussed before.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a country music song.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
#2: Bicycles on the road. I know they have the right to use the road as much as anyone else, but when they are 4 abreast, blocking a lane and holding up traffic I mentally see a target on their backs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I forgot that one. Me too. Even worse than 4 abreast is one guy that wants to ride down the middle of the road like he needs the whole lane so you can't get around. They make this big deal out of their right to the road. Someone should tell them there are laws against impeding traffic.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:15 AM

I hate it when people go out of their way to not let you in. "OMFG if i let that guy in ill get to my destination 3 seconds late!!!!!!!1119"
Old 01-12-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
idiot cut me off and proceeds to honk his horn, flash his high beams and give me the finger.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is behind you, how did he cut you off? Do you mean he tried to cut you off, and somehow, you prevented him from doing that?
Old 01-12-2005, 10:34 AM

What I hate is when those assholes bleed all over my shoes after I pull them out of their cars and beat them stupid for cutting me off.

It's nice when people acknowledge that A) I let you in and didn't have to and B) they don't own the road and neither do you.

My biggest petpeeve is people who think they have a right to merge into traffic. Uh, no. Traffic has the right to LET you merge, but you don't get to. Hence the YIELD signs, [censored].