Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 02:43 PM

Default camcorder

I am in the market to buy a cmcorder. A friend of mine has the Sony 201 which writes to miniDVD. I am considering purchasing the same model. Any reasons why I should or should not ?

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: camcorder

Get one with 3 CCDs for a better picture and color. I did a lot of research before buying the Panasonic PV-GS120 last summer for about $600 with a "starter kit". The picture and color are great and it's nice and small without being too small. I'd recommend it to anyone in this price range. I'm not a fan of the ones that write directly to a mini-DVD, but I think that's 100% personal preference and what you intend to to with it.

Camcorderinfo.com is a great resource and has a ton of knowledgeable people in their forums just itching to show you how much of a geek they are and answer your every question in more detail than you intended.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: camcorder

[ QUOTE ]
I am in the market to buy a cmcorder. A friend of mine has the Sony 201 which writes to miniDVD. I am considering purchasing the same model. Any reasons why I should or should not ? Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought a digital camcorder for Xmas. Check the Amazon and Yahoo reviews. Consumer Reports did a piece on them recently too. I got a Panasonic and am very happy with it.