Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2005, 06:23 PM

Default KK Question

I'm on the button with KK, it is folded around to a MP player, who raises to 90 (I think with 15/30 blinds at a party 10+1). I re-raise to 250 and after thinking for a bit, the other player calls. The flop comes A37 rainbow and my opponent bets out all-in (probably 700 into a pot of a little over 500). Do I fold here or not? Oh right, I should mention that we probably have roughly the same number of chips.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: KK Question

i would not call w/ no read. Ax is a pretty common raising hand, and you'd be ~8% to win.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: KK Question

I agree (in fact, i folded) but I thought the all-in bet was odd. Wouldn't a big A have either bet smaller into that pot or checked because of the aggression I had shown pre-flop? I was really worried that based on this flop the player might have had something like TT-QQ and was trying to push me off of an AQ sort of hand or to pick up the pot against another pocket pair. I don't know, that doesn't seem to jive well either really...I just feel like the all-in bet is odd and it raised some flags in my mind.