Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2004, 04:42 PM

Default QQ with an Ace to the flop

Sorry for the board spamming.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter

MP2 (t755)
MP3 (t945)
CO (t790)
Button (t770)
SB (t785)
Hero (t800)
UTG (t815)
UTG+1 (t770)
UTG+2 (t800)
MP1 (t770)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t15, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t15, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to t75</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, UTG folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls t125.

Flop: (t440) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: t640
Old 12-30-2004, 07:28 PM

Default Re: QQ with an Ace to the flop

i really dont like the reraise because of the position you were in, you would have to lead out at any flop in this position not to feign complete weakness. If MP3 was any good he would need a nice hand to call that reraise w/. A call or push before the flop depending on the type of player MP3 is would have been the correct play i think. since you did reraise and he did call i like your lead bet at the flop, and the bet size was decent too because had you pushed youd be called by only hands that beat you, (i dont see JJ calling that bet, but i do see AJ, AQ, AK, KK, AA, QQ, and TT calling) if you were reraised you could get away from your hand and still have enough chips left to play. bad preflop play, decent/good flop play.

Just my opinion

Jim [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]