Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2004, 01:11 AM

Default online heads up

is this the proper place to discuss online heads-up no limit freezout tourneys? if so read on

i normallly play NL ring games, buyins anywhere from 25-100, and until recently have played very little heads-up. I consider myself a better thann avarage player. about a week ago, playing on a limited bankroll (stupid christmas [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) i tried a few 5$ NL h-u games. after winning most of them i decided to make an effort to learn that particular style and see if i could make decent money doing it. since then, i've read a little online (at card player pokerpages, etc.) and picked up a little technique.

currently, i'm still getting my feet wet at the five dollar level, i am comfortable at much higher limits in ring games. today, for example, i played 9 matches, won 7, for a profit of 22.75 after the fees. this took slightly over two hours. not very good, and i think 7 out of 9 was probably a little better than i can expect long term, where i am at about 28-10.

my questions are:

1: how much more difficult are 10, 20, 50, etc games
2: what kind of win % is possible at the various levels for a good player?
3: where is the best advice for this structure? books, online, whatever?
4:where are the good games? i play paradise and golden palace. does party have heads up NL?
5: Variance? larger or smaller than ring games? appears to be lower so far.
6: anything i may not have mentioned but should know would be appreicated.
7: I normally multitable (3-5), but haven't yet heads up. good idea/ bad idea?

links are probably the easiest way to answer all of these. i know it's a lot, but i thank you in advance for your thoughts.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:17 AM

Default Re: online heads up

Although these were from tiny sample sizes, I think they are reasonably close to the mark.

$11 68%
$22 62% (I think it could be a touch higher long term)

The $11s are generally pretty easy, the $22s are rather a mixed bag.
Remember you are allowed to use table selection in these, do some scouting and make things a bit easier for yourself if you intend to take them very seriously.

Edit: This was at Stars.

Lori