Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2004, 02:16 AM

Default need serious advice here concerning affiliate rake back program.

Hi guys. I mostly post in mtt section. But sng's are actually my main game. I play about 20 sngs a day on average ($33 and $55). I have been at PP for last 14 months. This is where I play the majority of the time. Im not in any type of affiliate program. I actually did not even hear about this thing until recently. Im really not too knowledgeable on how this works. But im wondering, am I missing out on somthing here? considering the amount of sngs I play? Ive heard that Its too late for me to start an affiliate program at PP now, but that I could actually register an account at empire and do the affiliate programs there. Is this an option? If anyone could be so kind and point me in the right direction here, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks , and happy holidays.

ps- the reason Im posting this here is too see if most veteran sng players do this affiliate programs.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:34 AM

Default Re: need serious advice here concerning affiliate rake back program.

[ QUOTE ]
the reason Im posting this here is too see if most veteran sng players do this affiliate programs

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. Twenty $33 SNGs per day is $60 in fees each day. With a 20% return back to you, that's $12 per day. If you play 20 days each month, that's an extra $240 per month.

Check out www.rakerebatereview.com for comparison of some affilliate rates and possible options.

There are other comparison sites as well and I'm sure you will find what you are looking for sooner if you peruse the Internet forum. That site I gave is a good start though and will give you a good idea of what you should expect.

Regards
Brad S
Old 12-26-2004, 02:51 AM

thanks brad,
i appreciate the prompt reply. i guess i have some research to do. its getting late now, i will continue with this tommorow. so, i guess im definitly missing out on some money, now its just a matter of me doing the leg work and getting everything set up. let me also add, im a complete newbie when it comes to bonus whoring and affiliate type of programs. maybe i will copy and paste this thread in the internet forum also. thanks again.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:35 AM

I can give you the email address of the guy I signed up with hes giving me 20% of the sngs fee back plus he set up a new party poker account for me so I didn't have to move to Empire or somewhere else.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:58 AM

Anyone have any thoughts on 'Ponks' & 'rakecash.com' (both 25% at empire) and 'keepyourrake' (25% at party)???
Old 12-26-2004, 10:33 AM

Um, I would NOT sign up with an affiliate who "creates" a new account on party for you. Sounds like a bad deal.

There are numerous people on 2+2 who are empire affiliates. I personally use Davidross, who is a well known and trusted poster. Inthacup and a few others are affiliates as well.

I would say the key is finding an affiliate who you trust will not scew you.

Nick
Old 12-26-2004, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Um, I would NOT sign up with an affiliate who "creates" a new account on party for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't realize they did that. I'm new so I don't exactly know who to trust. Anyone got any advice? I basically only play party sngs but rakeback is still worth it (around $300 a week for me)
Old 12-26-2004, 11:15 AM

so who ever signs me up as thier affiliate, they are the one who is paying me? so their has to be a great deal of trust thier, right? it would be rather easy for them to screw me. is thier any way to skip the middleman and have checks come directly to me?
Old 12-26-2004, 11:22 AM

You are right, there is a great deal of trust here. No, there isn't any way to get the money directly, since in the grand scheme of things you aren't supposed to be getting it at all.

My suggestion is to find someone who has 100+ posts here on 2p2, and a few people who can vouch for them. I can actually recommend one to you, but I was replying here to answer and not spam hehe, so send me a PM if you want. (Did I just spam anyway? oh well! disclaimer: I'm not an affiliate)
Old 12-26-2004, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so who ever signs me up as thier affiliate, they are the one who is paying me? so their has to be a great deal of trust thier, right? it would be rather easy for them to screw me. is thier any way to skip the middleman and have checks come directly to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, yes, and no

there are now some rules about requesting a rake back deal via posting which are basically you cant do it - if you do some searching in the internet forum you will find the detail about the rules and a lot of useful info about affiliates/rake back but you shouldnt do it via posting

there are a bunch of reputable affiliates on these boards - for a deal at empire which is what you should be doing in my view dont take less than a 20% refund but make your first priority to find someone you trust or comes well reccomended

stripsqueez - chickenhawk