Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2004, 09:21 PM

Default The January Magazine is Up

Hi Everyone:

Our January Internet magazine is now available. To see it click on "Magazine" under "Two Plus Two Internet Magazine" at the top of the left hand column.

For those of you interested in submitting an article for a future issue, they can be sent directly to me at MasonMalmuth@TwoPlusTwo.com. A good length for an article would be approximately 1,000 words, but we will accept longer articles. Please include your article in the body of the email and not in a file attachment.

Any subject related to poker/gambling is acceptable. However, please keep in mind that we have high standards and will only accept those articles that are well written in all aspects.

If accepted, we will pay a fee of $200 (per article). All articles will remain up on the site for a period of three months upon which we will take them down and all rights are then returned to the authors. We will use the articles for no other purposes without permission from the author.

Upon acceptance of an article, we will require some additional information including complete address of author and social security number so that we can make payment.

Best wishes,

Mason
Old 12-25-2004, 10:44 PM

Default Re: The January Magazine is Up

Hi Mason,

the magazine is at a much more basic level than I had expected. I would say that every article would be of benefit to a beginner up to advanced minus player. This is excellent for myself. It might be nice to see some more advanced articles in the future. I'd also quite like to see some "play these hands with me" articles similar to those Daniel N. writes in Card Player. Also, some articles on non Hold' Em games.

Having said that, all the articles are well written, and will be useful to 95%+ of players. And the average standard is MUCH higher than certain other online card playing based magazines.

Best of luck with your endeavour.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:08 PM

A nice late evening Christmas present from Mason. Thanks.

Hope you can somehow keep a "Point-Counterpoint" type discussion with Jim Brier and Ed Miller. An interesting combination.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:42 AM

Would it be possible to put the forum usernames on the articles? I recognized bisonbison's from the original post, but it'd be nice to put all of them together.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:53 AM

2+2 appears to have done it again. Excellent work. I especially liked Dr. Schoonmaker's article; I think of it as the "life strategy" part of the issue.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:20 AM

Just finished reading and it wanted to add my "well done." I agree that the general level of quality and valuable information was higher then that at the other internet poker magazine(s).
Old 12-26-2004, 04:41 AM

Hi jar:

I put the name that I was sent. If an author wants to claim an article under his forum identity, he's free to post it here.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 12-26-2004, 06:01 AM

Hi Mason,

The first issue is decent. My only suggestion relates to the accessibility of the magazine. It should have a bigger/bolder link and be featured more prominently on 2+2 Publishing's main page.

This will make it easier to spot for a "newbie" or the casual internet surfer who may just now be stumbling across 2+2.
Old 12-26-2004, 01:33 PM

I also hoped for more articles not aimed at beginners.

As expected though, everything Ed writes is always great. I hope he writes a lot more.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:35 PM

A very well done first issue! Nothing but compliments from me.