Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2004, 03:54 PM

Default Little Flushes

It's early in a $10+1 MTT on UB with ~200 players. Blinds are 20/40 and I have approx t1200 in my stack.

I'm in the BB with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and there is one limper in MP (has about t2000). Everyone else folds including the SB, I check. So I'm heads up for flop with MP (t100 in the pot).

I don't remember the hand *exactly* but the flop had the following texture:

FLOP: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet 80, he minimum raises to 160, I call.

TURN: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet about 75% the pot again, he min raises again, I push. He turns over Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I'm done.

My point of concern is...I was heads up before the flop and I chased a small flush. I associated his play on the flop more with a set or two pair than I would a flush draw. Hence why I didn't *seriously* consider he had the flush when it came out on the turn.

Is this a mistake? I wasn't chasing the nuts, but heads up I don't need to. I guess my real question is: should I have been able to get away from this hand? Or is it one of those hands where I was pretty much doomed to lose most of my stack?