Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2004, 05:51 PM

Default Nut flush draw, played correctly?

SB has a vpip of 19 and a pfr of 0, other villian has a 33% vpip and 0% pfr. They are both passive

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB
Old 12-23-2004, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Nut flush draw, played correctly?

I don't mind the flop action.

On the turn I would prefer to just check and call. If it gets checked through I wouldn't mind so much, and if others bet you can call with the odds to continue. With SB and MP1 cold calling your raise on the flop you have little chance of semi-bluffing and taking it down right there.

On the river I'm so-so on a cap, SB looks like trip 10's but you have no idea if he filled up or is overplaying AT, AQ or something like that.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:10 PM

checkadaturn. that is not a great card for you.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:38 PM

i'm with bison here. i have been experimenting with check-raising the flop whenever i'm in early position with flush draw, then checking the turn. a lot of times it will get checked through and i manage to get my free card even in early position. call any turn bet. river play seems fine to me. KT and JT are commonly played hands.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:24 PM

Default Results

Thanks for the advice, I'll check the turn next time.

SB flipped over KT
Old 12-24-2004, 12:57 AM

Call the flop and hope for lots of overcalls. This is about the worst possible situation for raising the nut flush draw:

1. No one has called yet and three players may be forced out by the raise.

2. Your overcard is very weak because of the trips and straight possibilities.

3. The board is paired in about the worst possible way. One or two of your flush outs may make a full house, there are probably redraws to a full house, and you may even be drawing dead to a made full house.

4. You have little hope for a free card.

5. If you call someone behind you may raise. That is preferable to doing it yourself.

The turn bet should have been out of the question. Nothing is achieved except spending money.