Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2004, 09:19 PM

Default Good fold?

Stars $10, 2nd round (BB30), all stacks rougghly equal around 1500.

4 limpers to Hero in BB with

6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop:

6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero open bets 60, 1 raiser to 120, 1 re-raiser to 420, 1 fold, Hero folds.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Good fold?

Yep. Mandatory.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars $10, 2nd round (BB30), all stacks rougghly equal around 1500.

4 limpers to Hero in BB with

6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop:

6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero open bets 60, 1 raiser to 120, 1 re-raiser to 420, 1 fold, Hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]
I kinda disagree. Considering this is a $10 tourney, I have not seen many players bet like this with hands that beat yours. This may go against the "play TIGHT early" SNG strategy, but I like my hand here. I'm definately not afraid of the guy who re-raised last. He's trying to protect something or get everyone out - very unlikely he has you beat. The first raiser I might be a little worried about, but his minimum raise could very easily be Ace ten, two hearts, or a pocket pair. He could have thought you were weak because you only bet 1/2 the pot which looks like you may be drawing to a hand. I would play this hand strong a lot of the time. However, folding is a good play if you really think you may be beat. I definatly don't think it is an autofold situation though. I could be wrong. If you don't want to risk a big portion of your stack here, then don't - Wait for a better spot. Playing this hand strongly is just what I would do. Many times you will find yourself in the position of have a very big advantage in the hand AND getting paid off big by players who don't know any better.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:54 AM

Call or Push. I would guess you're against a big T and a couple of hearts. What are you afraid of, a bigger 6 and a pair of Ts?
Old 12-22-2004, 08:24 AM

Sure, if you don't like doubling/tripling up.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:40 PM

I was afraid of TT or a bigger 6. Plenty of players limp early w/ hands like A6 at this buy-in. I fold and the original raiser pushes and is called by the second raiser. They both turn over AA! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2004, 04:38 PM

May be a little biased from reading the results, but looks like an easy push. You have a 6, all 6 6's in play is pretty rare, less rare than two people having AA though! hah
Old 12-25-2004, 05:20 PM

I find it amusing that both of these idiots limped with aces, then started playing them fast on a paired flop with the big blind betting out. This is exactly why you can't fold this so early--all the idiots are still in. And, when the idiots have the hands you're worried about, they usually slowplay them till the turn/river. You're almost always ahead here.