Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2004, 06:55 AM

Default Novelty value hand... got over excited!

This was just a damn wierd hand, which in retrospect, I totally F'ud up.

Villain is looseish and aggressive. I put him on a high pocket pair, but when he keeps coming back at me on the river.....

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Can you guess what villain has? I was being really stupid, especially on the river.

I guess people lost their farm (and/or life) on hands like this in the old Wild West....
Old 12-21-2004, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Novelty value hand... got over excited!

This falls under the 'if you do it every time it comes up you won't lose much money' sort of thing. If your opponent isn't a complete idiot then you can save a bet on the river.

Seriously though with the ace on the turn I'd be sorely tempted to either three bet and fold to a fourth or just fold to his checkraise. Any PP except 22 beats you and that's pretty much what the c/r says.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Novelty value hand... got over excited!

I agree.... I maybe should of folded to the turn check-raise.

However it wouldn't of been the first time villain had bluff check-raised a scary board. I think I could make a case for just calling down from the turn.

When the three hit, I just got too excited.