Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2004, 07:51 PM

Default Is my Play Out of line?

Table is pretty tight. Wanted the freecard? Is this bad, should I even draw on this board? Is this risking a re-raise? Should I raise more?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (10 handed) converter

UTG+1 ($18.75)
UTG+2 ($25)
MP1 ($29.50)
MP2 ($23.90)
Hero ($52.95)
CO ($22.20)
Button ($2.85)
SB ($12.35)
BB ($24.95)
UTG ($26.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.25, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $8
Old 12-20-2004, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Is my Play Out of line?

Seems like UTG bet overcards or a small pocket pair and got scared of the 6. Seems fine to me. I would probably raise more normally, but if you had a 6, you probably would min-raise it, so in this specific instance I don't mind the min-raise, even though I normally hate it.

(Liked nothing better last night than seeing someone raise from EP, MP min-raises, EP min-raises back. Flop comes Kxx and EP loses his stack with AA to KK. For chrissakes, quit the min-raising!)
Old 12-20-2004, 08:01 PM

What did you hope to accomplish with the raise? I guess I don't understand the problem here. You won the pot with no hand - seems like a good deal. If by chance you get re-raised, then no, it is not a good board to draw on. If he calls, you will likely get your free card. I guess I like the play, but maybe that is just results-oriented thinking.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:09 PM

Thats why i posted it. I was wondering if I was correct hoping for the freecard?

Or should I just call?
Old 12-20-2004, 08:16 PM

Calling is certainly the worst since you aren't getting good odds to call (and may even be drawing dead already). Either raise or fold. I think fold is the best option, honestly, with so many people in there, but raising is not bad either. With an unpaired board, I certainly wouldn't min-raise (I would raise more), but with the paired board, as I mentioned before, I kinda like it.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:37 PM

Well my main thoughts was purly for the freecard. And for some information as if to I was drawing dead. Thanks for the help. I understand your idea with minraise. Thanks for the help