Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2004, 07:04 PM

Default JK Rowling announces completion of new Harry Potter novel

JK Rowling makes here big announcements on her personal website, www.jkrowling.com. You have to go through puzzles and riddles to get to her big announcements. Today, she finally announced the completion of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the sixth book in the series. An announcement of the release date is expected within 24 hours from her publishers. Here's the exaxt message from her website.

20th December 2004

I know you all expected this to happen on Christmas Day, but I was sure that those of you who celebrate Christmas have better things to do on the day itself than fight your way into my study, whereas those of you who DON'T celebrate Christmas would definitely prefer not to wait until the twenty-fifth- so...

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is COMPLETED and has been delivered to my English language publishers, who hope to announce the publication date within 24 hours.

Although I have joked about HP&THBP racing my third baby into the world, I have in fact had all the time I needed to tinker with the manuscript to my satisfaction and I am happy as I have ever been with the end result. I only hope you feel that it was worth the wait when you finally read it!

Wishing everybody a wonderful holiday and happy and peaceful 2005,

With love from,

J. K. Rowling
Old 12-20-2004, 07:19 PM

Default Re: JK Rowling announces completion of new Harry Potter novel

Great. Now you just caused that song to pop back into my head.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great. Now you just caused that song to pop back into my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter
Old 12-20-2004, 07:25 PM

lol

dynasty is on top of this harry potter crap
Old 12-20-2004, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol

dynasty is on top of this harry potter crap

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a Harry Potter wizard robe that he wears when reading the books. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(ok, maybe not, it just seems like it.)
Old 12-21-2004, 12:00 AM

I have no robes. But, a couple summers ago I went down to Barnes & Noble to buy Order of the Phoenix during the "Midnight Madness" party on the day of the release. I got a free pair of Harry Potter glasses (frames, no lenses) for showing up. I keep them on my bookshelf and am wearing them as I type this post.

:NERD:
Old 12-21-2004, 01:46 AM

Awesome, this just made my day. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2004, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have no robes. But, a couple summers ago I went down to Barnes & Noble to buy Order of the Phoenix during the "Midnight Madness" party on the day of the release. I got a free pair of Harry Potter glasses (frames, no lenses) for showing up. I keep them on my bookshelf and am wearing them as I type this post.

[/ QUOTE ]
I went too, but no glasses. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Damn the shitty b&n's in washington.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

:NERD:

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty, I think you have a problem.

What's worse is that I own 2 Harry Potter DVD's and I don't even have any kids. I don't understand the whole Harry Potter thing. In the Chamber of Secrets of secrets the wizard sent the hat to save Potter. At first I thought the hat was an ingenious gift because it would allow Potter to navigate. The hat could tell Potter where to run and Potter wouldn't have to look the snake in the eyes (which would kill him). Instead, a sword magically appears in the hat and ......

Then there is the whole Dobby thing. The elf is a slave and is used and abused but as soon as it accidently gets a sock it starts kicking it's once abusive and very powerfull masters [explicative]. If the elf was so powerfull, why did it take all the abuse? WTF?

There is a huge lack of consistency in the Potter movies. It seems like whenever the story gets stuck something magical (and something we've never seen before) hops in at the last minute and saves the day. Yet for some reason I still have to watch them.... They are like crack. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2004, 09:38 AM

Jul 26th release date.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...ts/4113663.stm