Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2004, 05:18 PM

Default PP against a blind stealer on the bubble

It's getting late in a $30/3 SNG on PP, we're down to 4, and everyone seems to be oscillating from $1000-$3500 just trying to make it ITM. I think the exacty blind level was $400/200, not sure.

I get 55 in the BB and have ~2k left. The player in the SB has raised all-in 2 out of the last 3 times I've been in the BB. He does it again and has me covered by a couple hundred, so he knows if I call and win he's gone. I assume he is not on a giant PP as he would want action with something like KK or AA. I figure him for two overcards . . . oddly, not considering the idea that he could have another PP like 22-JJ (see my other post about bad play after heavy losses). I say to myself that my PP is a small advantage over his two overcards and call. He shows KTo, so I was in about as good of position as I could hope to be in. K comes on the turn. Out.

I had a lot of situations like this last week where I had a small advantage all-in pre-flop and it wouldn't hold up. This brings up the question . . . when do you put your tournament life at stake for a coinflip?

If I fold here, I am 3rd in chips on the bubble with enough chips to go through the blinds at least once more before I am completely desperate.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:58 PM

Default Re: PP against a blind stealer on the bubble

I had a very similar post that had some answers...you can find it here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...v=#Post1368752

Hope it helps a little...